Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Stop saying moshiach is coming
Previous  1  2  3

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 9:30 am
giselle wrote:
Maybe the line of thinking is that Hashem sends these things as a message, and if we take it to heart and change what we need to, then we'll be deserving of Mashiach. People are asking what will change when this is all over, but will anything really change? Maybe that's the problem.

There are positive signs: Blogs and programs to collect stories of kindness, for starters. You can really feel like maybe there is an opportunity for the world at large to start to see things with clarity instead of the superficiality that reigns.

I keep thinking of the tefilla, veye'esayu kol le'avdecha. The thing is, we have to lead. We have to be talking, doing, and thinking kindness, and keep Hashem central to everything.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 9:37 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

I did read your entire post. So so beautifully said. It's making me cry as well. In a good way. I've been so frozen through this ordeal. It's almost as if I'm refusing to let myself feel. I understand that this is my body's defense mechanism in order to cope. But I'm heartbroken that I can't even daven properly.

So while everyone is talking about moshiach and praying extra hard, all I'm doing is numbing myself more.

Don't beat yourself up. Maybe you wouldn't have been able to function until now had you not been numb. But now that you're thinking, hey, it's not right for me to be numb, try to thaw. But gently. Don't think you have to say the whole Tehillim once a day, let alone 19 times a day. (Do block the ZZZ thread Twisted Evil ) But here's an idea: when you hear something, say something: one perek you know by heart, one paragraph of your own words to talk to Hashem, whatever. Then move on.

Maybe you have your own ideas, that will work best for you. Implement them. Slowly. Your main job now is to keep things functioning, and try to be b'simcha, or at least in a pleasant frame of mind. Do what you need to do to enable you to do that. It might mean watching a quick funny video. Getting some exercise somehow for 10 minutes. These are the kinds of things that will help us keep going, and help us have healthy perspective.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 9:47 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

It would be lovely if you were right, but it would be lovelier still if we could appreciate Hashem through the קול דממה דקה rather than looking for Him only in disasters.

Of course it would. But when we don't Hashem does things to get our attention.

tp3

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:12 pm
Tzaddikim and gedolim have been saying for years that moshiach is coming any minute.
Not only should we not stop saying it, we should say it more!
Moshiach is coming! Faster than we know!

An invisible speck has changed the world. People all over are at baseline level of basics. Extras are not necessary. There is a clear plain truth that evolved that is obvious to all on a global level, about what is necessity and what is extra.
Geulah is about the truth emerging globally, black and white from grey.
We can watch and see how this continues to unfold before us.

trixx

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:39 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
But plagues are totally natural. Everyone before the modern era lived (or didn't live) through this sort of thing. Whether it affected the whole world at once or in stages is irrelevant.

Historically, plagues have not led to an increased adherence to traditional religious beliefs. If anything, people move away from religion when affected by plague.

It would be lovely if you were right, but it would be lovelier still if we could appreciate Hashem through the קול דממה דקה rather than looking for Him only in disasters.

A plague that:
Shut down the economy
Affected global trade
Forced jews into their homes re religious observance
Around the world and all at the same time (meaning all in this together)

I saw this :

WHO AM I?

I move fast, and news of me spreads even faster.

I grab the attention of the entire world like no one else can.

I affect you, even if you don't believe in me.

I come from one place in the world, but I reach every corner of the world.

I started with one nation, but I take over all nations and all religions.

Because of me, you will change everything you do. All of your habits and routines will be disrupted. You will have to rethink your entire day, and change all of your plans.

Families will become closer because of me. Communities will become tighter because of me.

I will make you less selfish and more sensitive. You will care for the weak and the vulnerable because you know I am coming.

I will make you turn to G-d. I will remind you what's really important.

I am mightier than your wealth, smarter than your technology.

The world has not seen anything like me before.

Because of me, things will never be the same.

But you need to wake up. There's no time to waste. You need to realise I am coming, and I'm coming now.

Who am I?

I am Moshiach.
Rabbi Moss

wantavaca

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:03 pm
My take is also that although I wait for mashiach and Daven for it I still feel like people are sounding presumptuous with their proclamations about what this all must mean. Saying I “hope” mashiach is coming and Using the tzaros as a motivation to amp up the prayer And working on oneself for mashiach is different than making announcements predicting things they don’t know.

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 11:50 pm
What trixx and pinkfrig said!
Increased acts of kindness and goodness to bring Moshiach now!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 8:36 am
Mulberry, what a thread to revive. I didn't go back to the OP but reading the posts on this last page, wow, is it timely.

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 10:52 am
Simple1 wrote:
My daughter's teacher said that erev pesach of the original yetzias mitzrayim no one could leave their homes...

Interesting time to bump this thread!
For the ima who asked how a post coronavirus world will look - look around, we're just about in one.
The post I quoted bothered me a year ago and even more now.
It's hard to teach our kids the concept of waiting for Mashiach. When they're waiting for something they want, a week or a month can seem like an eternity. We need to find the right balance between teaching them to serve Hashem besimcha every day under all circumstances, and hoping and waiting for something that might come today but might take a while. The uncertainty is part of the plan but kids find it easier to understand what they can see in front of them. We need to give them the tools to anticipate his coming without giving up hope.
Giving kids "proof" that Mashiach is about to come can be destructive to their emunah. They hear the stories backed up by words from rabbis they're taught to respect, then - nothing. Do it one time too many and chas veshalom you could start them on a path that doesn't lead to good thoughts or good places.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:14 pm
Why are all Moshiach and corona threads being revived today?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics