Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Pesach projects for 8, 9, 11 year old

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:17 pm
I'm looking to buy projects for my 8, 9, and 11 year old daughters to make for Pesach. I'd like something that'll take them time and will come out really nice, but it has to be something they can just about completely do on their own. Different projects for the different ages is ok.

And I don't have a lot of craft supplies around...so a kit is probably better than something I have to gather all the supplies for (especially since I can't go to a craft store...)

Any suggestions? Links to ideas or things to buy would be great.

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:20 pm
My kids made their own matza bakery today. Created oven from cardboard box. From construction paper they made bricks & fire.
Matzos from doing crayon rubbings on copy paper, set over duplo Lego board.
Gave them plastic aprons & sticks to handle matzos.
You can also set up a matzo bakery from play dough or flour/water dough ( if you dont mind mess) rolling out, punching holes etc.

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:32 pm
I have a complete "create your own pesach set" from Scharf's Judaica 4904 16th Ave in Boro Park. They sell it for 10 bucks. Comes with plastic kaareh, afikomen holder, pillow case, matzah tash, pillow stuffing, marker, rhinestones & stickers to decorate.

Distributed by Ranenu tel# 718-475-1577

cbg

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:37 pm
They can learn to crochet easy headbands to dress up for YT
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6R4Lo4rwblM

oh em gee

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:58 am
Decorate white pillow cases for the seder or any of dh old white shirts as a kittel.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:05 am
We're making Pesach for the first time and have nothing put away. My 11 year old likes to sew so I asked her to make us an afikomin bag. Maybe she'll allow her little sister to help her decorate it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children