Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why so many more men?
Previous  1  2

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 2:24 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Check out the yeshiva world news. They keep listing people who pass away from Covid19, meanwhile there has not been a single woman listed, and there were many men.

How does that make sense?

becuase they're only listing wellknown people; this rav, that rosh yeshiva, a hatzala volunteer etc. it's obviously not every single death

Reality

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 5:59 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Sorry if I'm stereotyping, but maybe men are less careful with hygiene.

I came back to this thread because this comment really bothered me. There are plenty of men with perfect hygiene.

Corona virus is highly contagious. In the frum world, many more men are in public positions where part of their job is meeting and greeting a lot of people. The more people a person is exposed to the more likely a person would be exposed to covid19.

To blame these people by saying maybe it's their poor hygiene is despicable. Maybe you should delete your post!

dankbar

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:00 pm
it is known that females are longer & better survivors. That's said for premature babies & you see very many women outliving their men these days in general.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:29 pm
1. At least where I live, most people got in in shul.
2. In n the frum community, more men smoke than women.

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:30 pm
Reality wrote:
I came back to this thread because this comment really bothered me. There are plenty of men with perfect hygiene.

Corona virus is highly contagious. In the frum world, many more men are in public positions where part of their job is meeting and greeting a lot of people. The more people a person is exposed to the more likely a person would be exposed to covid19.

To blame these people by saying maybe it's their poor hygiene is despicable. Maybe you should delete your post!

The aggregate is not the individual.

cnc

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:41 pm
I read a medical theory that the X chromosome plays a factor in fighting this virus. Women have two X chromosomes so they are therefore more likely to be able to fight it. I can’t remember where I read this, but if I come across it again I will link it.

pause

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:54 pm
I read something about estrogen making a difference...

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 3:39 am
Like the animal kingdom, males go out to bring prey & females protect their young.

I think men are going out more now & women stay home with their kids more, right now.

cnc

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:14 am
dankbar wrote:
Like the animal kingdom, males go out to bring prey & females protect their young.

I think men are going out more now & women stay home with their kids more, right now.

I don’t think that’s it - because many women HAVE gotten sick , however the intensity of the symptoms and the amounts of deaths are much less than men.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:20 am
I know a number of couples where the man, a nonsmoker, caught it first, presumably from shul or the like. The men had a really rough time with labored breathing,etc. Their wives caught it and had much milder caes.

amother
White

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:34 am
I tell my husband all the time that women are healthier and live longer because we run up and down 3 flights if stairs about 100 times every day doing things around the house.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics