Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Unemployment

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:18 pm
Is anyone here super familiar with unemployment that can help me out? Specicaly for a self-employed owner of an S Corp.
How do I find answers to if my husband qualifies for unemployment? Who do I ask? The unemployment offices are crazy insane wacked busy with phone calls. Anyone else I can ask? Or do I just need to call and wait on hold for hours?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:20 pm
Do you live in Lakewood by any chance? There is an agency here that helps with all those questions.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:57 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Do you live in Lakewood by any chance? There is an agency here that helps with all those questions.

No, I'm in Baltimore, Maryland.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No, I'm in Baltimore, Maryland.

There is a frum woman who works for social services. Post this on baltimommies.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:53 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
There is a frum woman who works for social services. Post this on baltimommies.

I requested to be added to that group years ago and was never added. An admin claimed she didn't see the request (even though multiple people tried to add me). So unfortunately I'm not able to ask there.
Also, more importantly, my husband doesn't want me to ask publicly under my name. Even though his business has been effected due to the virus he still worries it will look bad if he makes public that he has had such a drastic drop in customers.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is anyone here super familiar with unemployment that can help me out? Specicaly for a self-employed owner of an S Corp.
How do I find answers to if my husband qualifies for unemployment? Who do I ask? The unemployment offices are crazy insane wacked busy with phone calls. Anyone else I can ask? Or do I just need to call and wait on hold for hours?

A self employed owner of an s Corp is not eligible for unemployment. Only employees are
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics