Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
How have you amazed yourself lately?
1  2  Next

uandme

Post Thu, Sep 08 2005, 8:41 pm
Ladies, let's hear some good stuff! Especially in Elul, let's look at our accomplishments and inspire ourselves and each other. How have you amazed yourself lately? LOL

Tefila

Post Thu, Sep 08 2005, 10:17 pm
LOL That I am still sane w/h soo much going on over here.
Just finished a Bar Mitzvah b"h, just started back to teach just sent my older ones away which as any mother knows it pulls at ones heart strings and trying to enjoy my kids more.
Hashem Thank-You soo much Very Happy
I am trying to be extra nice to my husband and I do hope that counts. Wink Last week for my sons laining the one who turned Bar Mitzvah I took the twins to shul it took 25min as opposed to a 10min walk but we did get there and back w/h no mishaps Tongue Out

miriam

Post Thu, Sep 08 2005, 10:24 pm
Mazel Tov on the Bar Mitzvah!!!!

deedee

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 1:01 am
I amazed myself today by looking at my house and realizing that this is MY house, not my parents.
I am now the mature, responsible adult that owns a house and is responsible for a family!!!
we grow a little every day and most of the time we dont even realize it till one day it hits us in the face.

baby's mom

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 1:19 am
I'm amazed at myself for succeeding in putting my baby to sleep on her own!! I stayed with her in her room and explained to her lovingly that I'm here, and she's safe...She cried in the beginning but then calmed down when she realized that I'm there and she can do this;) I stayed in the room until she fell asleep. (a good hour and a half Wink )

deedee

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 1:22 am
how old is she?

baby's mom

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 1:23 am
8 1/2 months

deedee

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 1:36 am
WOW! how did she used to fall asleep?

baby's mom

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 1:41 am
rock her...( and white noise) She WAS able to fall asleep on her own, but on my bed..that took her a long time too, she would play, unwind...then finally fall asleep. And usually my husband wuld be the patient one to lie there with her!

deedee

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 1:54 am
mine is 19mts and stilll nurses to sleep. I dreading the day I decide its enough!

technic

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 3:41 am
deedee is ur avatar ur daughter?

Pearl

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 4:33 am
freilich, mazzal tov, and yashar koach!

supermom

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 5:38 am
deedee wrote:
I amazed myself today by looking at my house and realizing that this is MY house, not my parents.
I am now the mature, responsible adult that owns a house and is responsible for a family!!!
we grow a little every day and most of the time we dont even realize it till one day it hits us in the face.

I was just thinking about that yesterday!! how amazed I am at how far I have gone.

lucky

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 8:11 am
When I sit at the shabbos table, I look around at my family and then it usually hits me that these are MY kids, Especially now that my oldest two are taller and bigger than I am. (They say I am shrinking) Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the responsibility of raising them.

stem

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 11:46 am
baby's mom wrote:
I'm amazed at myself for succeeding in putting my baby to sleep on her own!! I stayed with her in her room and explained to her lovingly that I'm here, and she's safe...She cried in the beginning but then calmed down when she realized that I'm there and she can do this;) I stayed in the room until she fell asleep. (a good hour and a half Wink )

Good for you! Very Happy

nicole81

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 12:40 pm
baby's mom, that's awesome!

I amazed myself this past week when I got my grades for the college classes I took over the summer. I had a 3 month old and went back to work in july and took 3 classes and still managed 3 A's. she's my first child, and having her has inspired me to do well in school and finish ASAP.

Rochel Leah

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 5:03 pm
Yasher Koach Nicole!!

I amazed myself this week by ignoring my son during a tantrum and he stoped after two minutes..

uandme

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 5:37 pm
I amazed myself b/c with my kids all home still this week, I didn't even mangage to get to shabbos shopping, but I didn't freak out, I used what I could between stuff I had in the house, and things I had already cooked and frozen, and made good stuff for shabbos but not overboard and still l'kavod shabbos and I really really paid attention to my kids, stayed calm, and gave them a mother they deserve. and all without feeling guilty or wondering what the guest will think, etc.
good shabbos!

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 5:41 pm
Freilach, Mazel Tov on the Bar Mitzvah!
Baby's mom, I already told you in chat but I'm going to repeat it here.
You are really amazing and a wonderful mother...
I hope your daughter keeps it up.

cr2005

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 5:51 pm
great job everyone out there.
I amazed myself this week by understanding our kids...there need and there wants.
Our kids are getting older and therefore need more attention. Like our 1 year old doesn't speak yet, sometimes when she talks to me in baby talk I say yeah yeah sweaty, she lately started getting really upset, so I now stop whatever Im doing and listen and talk to her back, answer her, which really hard sometimes. sometimes I forget how old she really is that is really the hardest part.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational