Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
How have you amazed yourself lately?
Previous  1  2

miriam

Post Sat, Sep 10 2005, 10:52 pm
cr2005, I have the same experience with my one year old. She was getting cranky very easily and I realized it was b/c of language. I started to take more time on telling her what everything is and she is so much happier now. I taught her peelpail, pepper in hebrew, and now it's her favorite veggie Very Happy

cr2005

Post Sat, Sep 10 2005, 11:04 pm
miriam good for you keep it up, its so nice too hear somebody going through the same.........to me its such an accomplishment figuring out what a non talking 1 year old wants.

smile

Post Sun, Sep 11 2005, 3:10 pm
I amazed myself by having my parents and sister with her family for succos by me. For the whole first days. I even don't know where to start cooking for all of us.

Rivka

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 12:14 pm
Freilich Mazel Tov. I amazed myself today by realizing that I am truly as mad as I thought.

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 12:41 pm
Mazel Tov Freilich (I was wondering where you disappeared to)!
I amazed myself yesterday when someone I know had a family emergency. So I watched her 2 1/2 year old and 6 year old along with my 2 year old and 6 month old all by myself, without losing it! (And I think the kids actually enjoyed themselves, too).
I dropped those kids off at home at 5:30, ran to the supermarket, ran home, popped some chicken into the oven, bathed my kids (my dd twice, because she put shampoo in her hair a few minutes after she got out of the bath the first time Rolling Eyes), and fed my baby all before my dh came home at 6:45!

queen

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 1:08 pm
gosh 613- you really had SOME day.
glad you can come to work to relax!!!!!!!

stem

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 1:12 pm
I amaze myself every week when Shabbos comes and the house is ready, the kids are either in bed or ready to go to bed, and the food is warming in the oven. Every Friday morning I say "this is impossible." but somehow I do it.
My husband comes home from work about 1.5 hours before Shabbos, so he only has time to mop the kitchen floor, make the kishka, and take a shower.

RedVines

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 1:24 pm
Wow stem! Good for you! I feel the same way on Fri. morning but somehow when its time to light, there is a sense of calmness!

technic

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 4:26 pm
rivka it took u sooooo long 2 figure it out?!?! - I could have told u WKS ago!!! LOL

baby's mom

Post Mon, Sep 12 2005, 4:35 pm
Thanks Stem, Nicole81 and Not yet a mommy!
This thread is wonderfuly positive! Very Happy

uandme

Post Wed, Sep 14 2005, 5:10 pm
during cranky hour I changed the course by just coming up with a story off the top of my head and announcing it thru the speakerphone of our toy cash register. everyone was mesmerized for aobut 12 minutes and then decided to go out to play; I told them we can continue the story at dinnertime

Post Wed, Sep 14 2005, 5:17 pm
very creative uandme. I like it!!!

uandme

Post Wed, Sep 14 2005, 9:04 pm
thanks, 0613. my kids like stories but I hadn't used them as a technique to change the subject/tone in a very long time. it worked BH!

miriam

Post Wed, Sep 14 2005, 9:08 pm
It amazes me that older children also like the game peekaboo. Sometimes it can be a good distraction for my three year old. I thought only babies liked it but I think older children like the shock of the game. I usually stand behind something, not just cover my face with my hands.

uandme

Post Wed, Sep 14 2005, 9:19 pm
yes and creep around the house, looking both ways, like a spy going around the corner, hoping noone is coming (tho make sure your kids can see this but pretend you don't)

I'm so excited that this thread I started (first one!) has really been kickin'!!! Smile

go positivity!

Tovah

Post Wed, Sep 14 2005, 9:19 pm
usually when I go home from the park, my daughter likes to drink and the drink is always warm, so now I put an ice cub or 2 in her sippy cup and she gets a cold drink after playing in the sun.

Tefila

Post Wed, Sep 14 2005, 9:34 pm
Tovah good idea Thumbs Up I also freeze the night before the drink so the following morn by it's taken out and by the time they drink it , it has turned to slush. I do this for my kids in school too

Post Thu, Sep 15 2005, 1:56 pm
freilich wrote:
Tovah good idea Thumbs Up I also freeze the night before the drink so the following morn by it's taken out and by the time they drink it , it has turned to slush. I do this for my kids in school too

I do that for myself, too!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational