Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
The Confession Thread

imorethanamother

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:35 am
I'll start!

I yelled at four of my kids today! And my husband! I'm sure they'll remember what a scary mommy I was during this time!

Tomorrow is another day, right? TOMORROW I WILL NOT YELL. Look, I'm already yelling.

Also? No, I will not sit down and do homework with my five year old. NO. You cannot make me. What's the worst you can do, give her an F?

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:53 am
Don’t yell.
I don’t do homework with anyone.

I don’t care.
Everyone in my house is free to do activities they like.

Ravenclaw

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 1:33 am
I did nothing today. Literally nothing. No homeschooling, no housework, no nothing...

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 3:34 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
I did nothing today. Literally nothing. No homeschooling, no housework, no nothing...
I'll try to make you feel better.

No nothing means yes everything, you know, right?

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 3:38 am
Hmm. Does no nothing mean yes everything, or yes something? One could argue that if there is only something, that means there is some nothing left, so no nothing means yes everything. But perhaps the existence of something means that it is no longer nothing, so there is no nothing as long as there is anything.

Elfrida

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 4:19 am
What? I think I got lost there..

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 6:17 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Hmm. Does no nothing mean yes everything, or yes something? One could argue that if there is only something, that means there is some nothing left, so no nothing means yes everything. But perhaps the existence of something means that it is no longer nothing, so there is no nothing as long as there is anything.

Easy for YOU to say! Wink

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 6:25 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Easy for YOU to say! Wink

Actually, it is not all that easy to say because it is confusing.

imasinger

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 7:01 am
Deep thoughts, Aubergine!

Here's mine.

I don't usually bother with makeup, but am wearing it a lot more now, when we're homebound. Why? Well, officially because onscreen appearance is different, and I want students to have as positive an experience as possible. But I suspect the real reason is because now, because I am teaching online, I have to see what I look like!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 8:41 am
imasinger wrote:

Here's mine.

I don't usually bother with makeup, but am wearing it a lot more now, when we're homebound. Why? Well, officially because onscreen appearance is different, and I want students to have as positive an experience as possible. But I suspect the real reason is because now, because I am teaching online, I have to see what I look like!

I wear more makeup because it makes me feel more cheerful. When I'm out and about all I care about is getting stuff done. When I'm at home by myself, makeup is for me to play with.

I can wear sparkly eye shadow and no one is going to look at me funny! Batting Eyelashes

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 8:45 am
imasinger wrote:

Here's mine.

lol this was great!

Confession.

I helped my son school set up the online learning. But I can't be bothered to actually make my son do any of the work.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 9:00 am
My 4 year old has been wearing pajamas for 36 hours.
I told my 9 year old to put the younger ones in bed and bribe them with a candy.
I'm on my phone average 6.5 hours a day!

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 8:04 am
I just put out a letter in my mailbox. Wearing a nightgown (with a little sweater on top). After all, nobody is passing by to see me.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 8:17 am
My confession: I'm kind of relieved I get to leave the house (and everyone in it) to go to work. I'm in healthcare and my husband is encouraging me to take on any extra work I can in one of my jobs because it's covid related (no actual face-to-face work with covid patients).

I've warned him that this would mean the bulk of pesach prep would be his responsibility as a result but he's ok with that (and yes, he's working from home).

I'm a terrible person but I'm so glad to get out!

MiriFr

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 8:26 am
I said I made supper, but I really just magically found a pan of lasagna in my freezer and warmed it up TMI dont tell anybody
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics