Home

TRUMP: Quarantine “Not Necessary” For NY, NJ,
Previous  1, 2

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

tryinghard

Post  Sun, Mar 29 2020, 11:52 pm
With regard to the Michigan governor - if you actually read the full quote of what Trump said,
“I want them to be appreciative. I don’t want them to say things that aren’t true. I want them to be appreciative. We’ve done a great job. And I’m not talking about me. I’m talking about Mike Pence, the task force, I’m talking about FEMA, the Army Corps of Engineers.”

He later said “ [I said] FEMA. [I said] Army Corps of Engineers because when they disrespect me, they’re disrespecting our government. And you know what? I don’t mind if I’m disrespected, but they can’t disrespect the Army Corps of Engineers and FEMA.”

And he clarified that HE wasn’t going to speak with them, but Pence was speaking with them and working with them.

But all that gets reported is “Trump won’t help governors who don’t respect him enough!” 🙄

Laiya

Post  Mon, Mar 30 2020, 12:00 am
icedcoffee wrote:

People need to understand this: Trump is WITHHOLDING AID to governors he thinks are not showing proper "appreciation" of him. He ADMITTED he told Pence to not call Gretchen Whitmer (Michigan) because "If they don’t treat you right, I don’t call." "Very simple: I want them to be appreciative." Medical vendors were told not to "send stuff" to Michigan because Trump felt like she wasn't appreciative enough of him.

That's literally the exact opposite of what Trump said. He said that if he does not speak to a governor, he has Mike Pence call the governor instead. It's a little disturbing that media distort news to the extent that consumers believe the opposite of what actually transpired.

Trump's point about appreciation was also very clear. He said that it has nothing to do with personal appreciation for himself. He wants Americans to appreciate the Army Corps of Engineers who built a 3,800 bed hospital in 3 days; FEMA employees, and all the individuals who have selflessly been giving of themselves, going without sleep, working double shifts, etc.

As for Whitmer, the claim that aid was withheld from Michigan is patently false.

She tweeted:
"This morning we received 112,800 N95 masks in our shipment from the strategic national stockpile w/8k more on the way. Great news for our health care workers. We'll keep working hard along with FEMA and the White House to get more of the PPE we need to keep Michiganders safe.

9:46 AM - Mar 28, 2020"

It's pretty despicable for cnn to be spreading disinformation of this nature at a time like this.

If anyone is interested in what Trump actually said, on any topic, you will learn more by simply watching him in context.

Eta. Cross posted with Trying Hard

Cheiny

Post  Mon, Mar 30 2020, 4:32 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
I can't even deal with this website sometimes. Cuomo is making this about money and politics? It's not Trump who has blood on his hands? Banging head

Trump has bungled this from the beginning. Let's ignore the fact that HE'S the one, not Cuomo, who wants to reopen parts of the country by Easter. From claiming it was a "democratic hoax" to eliminating the pandemic response team to proposing a 16% cut on CDC funding AFTER COVID-19 was declared a public health emergency. The White House turned down emergency coronavirus funding in February. He's repeatedly said, with no basis whatsoever, that the US has this under control and it's contained. He's said it will "maybe go away. We’ll see what happens. Nobody really knows." He predicted it is "going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle – it will disappear." He's lied about the availability of tests, necessitating being corrected by his own vice prez. He's completely made up off the top of his head that we will have a vaccine in a few months, necessitating being corrected by his own health and human services secretary.

When Cuomo tried to get ventilators for New York, Trump said "I don't believe you need" that many.

People need to understand this: Trump is WITHHOLDING AID to governors he thinks are not showing proper "appreciation" of him. He ADMITTED he told Pence to not call Gretchen Whitmer (Michigan) because "If they don’t treat you right, I don’t call." "Very simple: I want them to be appreciative." Medical vendors were told not to "send stuff" to Michigan because Trump felt like she wasn't appreciative enough of him. Think about that for a second. And CUOMO is the one you're upset with? Come on. Now is the time to drop the blind Trump praise. He is being universally criticized across the globe for his response to this (unless you want to trust random amothers above scientists, world leaders, his own administration, public health experts, etc etc)

Wow. Trump hatred never takes a vacation. Cuomo is the one who turned down the chance to buy 16,000 ventilators in 2014...

tryinghard wrote:
With regard to the Michigan governor - if you actually read the full quote of what Trump said,
“I want them to be appreciative. I don’t want them to say things that aren’t true. I want them to be appreciative. We’ve done a great job. And I’m not talking about me. I’m talking about Mike Pence, the task force, I’m talking about FEMA, the Army Corps of Engineers.”

He later said “ [I said] FEMA. [I said] Army Corps of Engineers because when they disrespect me, they’re disrespecting our government. And you know what? I don’t mind if I’m disrespected, but they can’t disrespect the Army Corps of Engineers and FEMA.”

And he clarified that HE wasn’t going to speak with them, but Pence was speaking with them and working with them.

But all that gets reported is “Trump won’t help governors who don’t respect him enough!” 🙄

And you’re surprised? You should be used to it by now. Trump haters, the left, the fake news have one agenda, even during a crisis, which is all the more despicable. Blame Trump.

Last edited by Cheiny on Mon, Mar 30 2020, 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post  Mon, Mar 30 2020, 4:34 pm
Laiya wrote:
That's literally the exact opposite of what Trump said. He said that if he does not speak to a governor, he has Mike Pence call the governor instead. It's a little disturbing that media distort news to the extent that consumers believe the opposite of what actually transpired.

Trump's point about appreciation was also very clear. He said that it has nothing to do with personal appreciation for himself. He wants Americans to appreciate the Army Corps of Engineers who built a 3,800 bed hospital in 3 days; FEMA employees, and all the individuals who have selflessly been giving of themselves, going without sleep, working double shifts, etc.

As for Whitmer, the claim that aid was withheld from Michigan is patently false.

She tweeted:
"This morning we received 112,800 N95 masks in our shipment from the strategic national stockpile w/8k more on the way. Great news for our health care workers. We'll keep working hard along with FEMA and the White House to get more of the PPE we need to keep Michiganders safe.

9:46 AM - Mar 28, 2020"

It's pretty despicable for cnn to be spreading disinformation of this nature at a time like this.

If anyone is interested in what Trump actually said, on any topic, you will learn more by simply watching him in context.

Eta. Cross posted with Trying Hard

Why would you expect anything different from CNN and liberals, just because the world is in the midst of a crisis? The bigger the crisis, the more they lick their lips at being able to find something new to blame Pres. Trump for!

amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Yes. Precisely why this would create a new crises. Let alone having the stock market crash doing almost irreversible damage. Hence Cuomo s lack of endorsement for any step in that direction.
This was trump ‘doing his thing’ aka running his mouth just as the thought popped into his head. Then he remembered ‘oh, but there may be consequences’. ‘I.e. the law not making this harder to carry through. So he retreated, until next time:) and one thing which is certain with trump, is that there will be a next time he has verbal diarrhea. The man can’t help himself 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Banging head

Yes you’re right and you forgot to add that he’s completely reaponsible for the entire pandemic, right?

icedcoffee wrote:
Since January, the WHO and CDC has been screaming in Trump's ear about the dangers of COVID-19. Rather than disseminate this information to oh, I don't know, the governor whose state and city would be impacted the first and hardest, he chose to spend months insisting it isn't a problem and it's contained. On the flip side, under Cuomo's leadership, now NY is doing the most intensive testing in the country -- possibly the world. Cuomo is holding daily conferences outlining the problems and solutions alongside experts. I don't even have strong feelings towards Cuomo. In fact, I dislike a lot of things he's done. But it's undeniable that his response to this has been strong, professional, and rational.

Trump literally blurts things without knowing what the heck he's even talking about. How many times since we started this whole COVID-19 situation has he made some statement, only for the White House to immediately have to clarify what he meant? Or for the CDC or his own administration to say he was wrong? Do you even know what a quarantine would entail? Does Trump? Public health experts immediately dismissed the idea because not only would it be logistically impossible to enforce, it would actually accomplish little. (Source) Trump didn't drop the idea because Cuomo wouldn't work with him, he dropped it because after it came out of his mouth, the majority of the world said "that's a stupid idea."

By the way, vermillion, your links don't address what I actually said. Yours is talking about cutting the number of countries the CDC would service - I said he was proposing cutting their budget, which he did https://markets.businessinside.....46602

As for that Washington Post link, not sure if you were trying to link to a specific story but it instead brings me to a feed of Coronavirus live updates featuring headlines such as:

Live Updates: 'As the president fiddles, people are dying,’ Pelosi says
Experts call for more coordination, increased testing before easing restrictions [that Trump suggested]
Fauci doubts restrictions can be lifted safely by Trump’s Easter timeline
Louisiana governor sounds the alarm, says his state’s health system will be overwhelmed in days
‘It’s no different from New York’: Urban centers nationwide gird for catastrophic virus outbreak
Desperate for medical equipment, states encounter a beleaguered national stockpile

So you can tell me which of those was supposed to show the wonderful job Trump is doing.

You’re quoting Pelosi? You mean the very same Pelosi who held up the life-saving stimulus bill because it didn’t contain enough pork, like abortion funding?

Cheiny

Post  Mon, Mar 30 2020, 4:42 pm
Double post
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h