Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How long the germs last

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 10:58 pm
If DH (sick) was reading the Mishpacha on Shabbos, can I just put it aside for a day?
They were saying re groceries - the box keeps germs for a few hours, the plastic items inside you should disinfect.
Can I assume paper is like cardboard?

More important - last week's clean Shabbos dishes are still in the DW & it's very hard for me to put them away. Can I let DH do that if we don't use them til after Pesach? I do think so but...

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 11:17 pm
Are you in isolation from each other otherwise?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 28 2020, 11:22 pm
We're in the same room sometimes.

I sat an extra chair away on Shabbos.

I don't wipe down every life switch and I don't know what he might be touching but I am trying to restrict him to one bedroom & bathroom & one chair in the living room.

I don't close the living room blinds at night because he opened them in the morning & I'm trying not to wash my hands a gazillion times. But I'm not wearing a mask when I bring him food either.

I'm concerned about the dishes because at some point other people may use them. I'm not so impressed with the RNA found on the Princess, because they haven't really proven you could grow anything from it, from what I've read.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:14 am
Refuah shleimah!

So sorry you are both dealing with this -- I would err on the side of caution there is so much still unknown. There are reports that the germ can love on inanimate surfaces a matter of a few hours to a few weeks...I would trash the magazine or lysol it and bag it and open in a few weeks.

If he has it I would not want him touching the dishes.

whatever he does touch I would disinfect.

Rappel

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 3:47 am
They reported recently that the infected cruise ship retained traces of COVID-17 for 17 days after the passengers disembarked.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 5:17 am
You are in the same room! Why would you torture yourself? Have you not read how catchy this is? stop torturing yourself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics