Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Hospitals don’t allow visitors
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:12 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
I was just thinking of a compromise. How about having 2 sections in the hospital- or 2 hospitals, one with inlay nurses taking care of patients without any visitors, and the other one with only family members taking care of patients without nurses. A person can choose where to go.

Love it!

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:14 pm
See how non regulation of people in and out of hospitals in Italy worked...aka is most probably why it spread so quickly and widely. It's s terrible idea worse than having a very few regulated visitors.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:15 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
I was just thinking of a compromise. How about having 2 sections in the hospital- or 2 hospitals, one with inlay nurses taking care of patients without any visitors, and the other one with only family members taking care of patients without nurses. A person can choose where to go.

Umm but not everyone knows how to care for an intubated family member... and you need to “change shifts” further increasing the viral load around.

Another thing, usually a patient with an infectious illness will be in an isolated rm- but with an overload of patients you’re having to increase patients per rm so there’s no space in small hospital rooms.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:18 pm
My thought is hiring a private nurse so you know your loved one is being taken care of. I wonder if hospitals would ever agree to this in this era...

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 2:20 pm
no flowers or balloons in ICU ... people on ventilators are usually in the ICU

there is too much chaos going on the hospitals trying to keep people alive ... that takes precedence

doctors & nurses are already risking their lives

asmileaday

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 3:44 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I really wish someone at NYU would film the situation there and show it around. THen ppl would understand. They are overcrowded beyond humanity.
But this is an awful rule. It makes me cry. A 97 yr old matriarch of a large family in Wmsbg who was the picture of health 1 week ago and was never left alone for moment, died today alone in the ER. It makes me cry. It's terrible.
A friend of mine who has corona & pneumonia delivered a preemie by csection last week bc she was so sick. Her husband was allowed to be there during delivery but that's it. She hasn't had a decent morsel of food since then bc they arent allowing anyone in from the outside and the hospital food is awful.
I really don't know what can be done about this situation. It's terrible. I wish there would be some middle ground - like ONE person be allowed to be there for everyone, to go around and then update families, to bring cheers & regards from the outside. Something.
It's so sad and awful.

Yet some posters are still saying the flu is worse and why oh why did they need to shut down my park Banging head .

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:10 am
I think there needs to be 2-3 liaisons going around advocating for the patients and calling family members. At least the families will feel calmer knowing their loved one isnt totally alone.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 12:46 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I think there needs to be 2-3 liaisons going around advocating for the patients and calling family members. At least the families will feel calmer knowing their loved one isnt totally alone.

This!
https://youtu.be/EAv67rWRfRw

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:25 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
This!
https://youtu.be/EAv67rWRfRw

Painful. Made me cry. Many of us in NY know about Maimonides. If we dare say anything our own people tell us off. I've seen it here on imamother. I've heard it from others. If our own get angry when we say a word about what's going on, how can we expect anyone else to listen?

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 2:38 pm
A friend of mine lost her father-in-law. He was in the hospital with corona, and was too weak to feed himself. He lost 50 pounds, because nobody was feeding him. He was old, so they didn't bother spending time with him. He was niftar soon after.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics