Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
When you think you’re helping someone- hashgacha pratis

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 12:45 am
I was in bed (really late at night) when someone called with an urgent request. I tried helping them but because of the hr was limited. I ended up googling the item they need and realized I may have something similar I once got in the hospital (they were looking for a medical supply).
So lazily I got out of bed to check my spare box when I noticed the freezer door was open and starting to defrost!
I otherwise would not have noticed for many hours as I don’t check that spot too often.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 1:55 am
Something similar happened to me, I was trying to help a friend find cleaning help on Craigslist (she lives in a different city). While I was trying the search on my local site to explain the steps to her, I found an amazing lead for myself! She ended up working for us for several years.

Another time I was trying to help the same friend find a dishwasher online, and I found one on sale for myself too - with free installation! (I've always been scared to hook up a dishwasher myself, and installation here can easily add close to $100 to the price of the dishwasher.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics