Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Moms of SN children
Previous  1  2  3

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 6:59 am
ora_43 wrote:
OK but there's a reason you're seeing words like "severe," "advanced," and "vegetative," and not chv"s words like "disability" or "disorder."

The idea isn't to rank patients by mental ability, it's to give patients who are aware of their own existence an advantage compared to patients who aren't.

And it's one of several criteria, with others being age and general medical state.

Exactly. No where is it insinuating that healthy children with Down’s syndrome are being pushed to the back of the line. Just reading that made me want to throw up. Do people think we live in a Nazi State?

amother
Black

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 10:25 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Quote:
And for what it's worth - things have slowed and we are nowhere near this kind of doomsday scenario where we have to allocate resources to only the strongest. I wouldn't worry.

Yeah, I know I"m panicking for nothing. And my daughter is not high risk B"H, she doesn't have a heart defect or any physical disabilities. I just imagine her being turned down because she has Down syndrome and my blood starts to boil.

I have a daughter with epilepsy and am similarly scared. Both because of the "preexisting conditions" statements (even if epilepsy isn't on the list), and because of what you said.

We're in Israel and I hope we never get there. Meantime we are staying home and she's going nowhere.

Praying for health for your family and ours.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 3:56 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
I just posted this (a video of a health care worker in New York city hospital showing what's going on right now in hospitals. It is not mind boggling there won't be ventilators. This is literally an issue right now... This is an issue in Italy, they had to decide who to let die to save someone else...
https://youtu.be/bE68xVXf8Kw

For OP thought please try to take it one day at a time... Hugs

BEzH It will not happen here. This is why so many restrictions are put into place. and extra ventilators have been ordered and are on hand.
and young children for the most part dont get so sick to need a ventilator. the chances of this happening to the amother's child is literally 0.
Hashem should protect us all.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 4:03 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
BEzH It will not happen here. This is why so many restrictions are put into place. and extra ventilators have been ordered and are on hand.
and young children for the most part dont get so sick to need a ventilator. the chances of this happening to the amother's child is literally 0.
Hashem should protect us all.

I asked a peds PICU nurse what the matzav is- she said even their covid19 positive patients aren’t as sick as adults. So hoping for the best beh...

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 6:00 pm
Now that we can all dispense with the weird End Of The World imaginings, I am so grateful for a really amazing speech therapist today that did an excellent zoom meeting! It wasn't just her talking at my child, it was her making her screen into worksheets that she did with my child, and also allowed him a "break" with playing a game that she put on the screen.

Meanwhile, my ABA therapist has actually been asking if they can come, but I can't get a straight answer from the doctors about it, so we just will have nothing until the end of the year? Totally crazy.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 6:26 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
Now that we can all dispense with the weird End Of The World imaginings, I am so grateful for a really amazing speech therapist today that did an excellent zoom meeting! It wasn't just her talking at my child, it was her making her screen into worksheets that she did with my child, and also allowed him a "break" with playing a game that she put on the screen.

Meanwhile, my ABA therapist has actually been asking if they can come, but I can't get a straight answer from the doctors about it, so we just will have nothing until the end of the year? Totally crazy.

That’s so nice that they want to come. My daughter gets 30 hours a week and they all refuse to come. My daughter isn’t capable of doing online sessions.

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That’s so nice that they want to come. My daughter gets 30 hours a week and they all refuse to come. My daughter isn’t capable of doing online sessions.

Mine isn’t either. He makes weird faces and then switches to doing something else with my computer. It’s awful. But also because they’re incompetent.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics