Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Pesach box

paintbrush

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 11:15 pm
Did anyone hear about this? They are offering a pesach box for families making pesach for the first time for a subsidized price. It includes essential kitchen items. Does anyone know if it is worth it to get?

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Mar 29 2020, 11:22 pm
It seems like its sold out Sad

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:07 am
Im guessing it’s good to get if you are unable to shop and buy it yourself. Like quarantined.
Amazon and Walmart have longer then normal delivery times so it’s a bit nerve racking to rely on them now. Or if you don’t have internet. House good stores are closed but will deliver.
Plus don’t have to worry about teviella.
I think if you can buy in our own you should do that instead.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:09 am
The items in the box look like cheap items it looks like someone had a bad shipment and figured out a good way to get rid of it. Pots are worth $20.

West view shop is opened and only allowing five customer in a store at once why not go there and they will toivel and deliver everything to your home.

I don’t think pesach in a box is toiveling the items for you.

paintbrush

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:21 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
The items in the box look like cheap items it looks like someone had a bad shipment and figured out a good way to get rid of it. Pots are worth $20.

West view shop is opened and only allowing five customer in a store at once why not go there and they will toivel and deliver everything to your home.

Thanx for this info!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 2:42 am

Not toiveled, but ok to use on Pesach. Also, I’d imagine west view will have huge lines to get in with this very smart policy. Especially with COT closed...

smileyone

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:36 pm
From what I understand, the psak that they gave that the items in the Pesach box does not have to be toiveled is not only for the Pesach box.
Because it's dangerous to go out to kelim mikvah now, any new things may be used and you can officially take possession when the you are able to toivel it.
That would apply to things you buy online too.
Ask your LOR.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:44 pm

You got it already? Pickup is starting April 1st
Even then it’s hard to get that many pits for $20.

You have to toivel next year

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 8:54 am

This is completely untrue. You couldn’t have possibly gotten a box yet, they haven’t been distributed to anyone. My husband is involved in this project. It’s nobody’s “bad shipment” and it’s an enormous chesed!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries