Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
The OFFICIAL approved kvetch thread
Previous  1  2

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:34 pm
Here I am with my kvetch tale...

For starters I still have a huge headache & some muscle aches. I though I was over covid, but then got new symptoms. then I was hoping to at least be clear by today- so it should be 72 hours by the time my thurs appt rolls around. but nope.

Next, we have to make pesach here. was totally not in the plan & the mess here just doesn't cooperate... plus of course not feeling great I have no motivation...

Tomorrow we have a virtual appt with peds surg, so hope it won't take long- but its giving me pressure, knowing I have to be "on" for a set time. & Thursday we'll be spending all day in clinic. so there goes another whole day...

So between Tuesday 1/2 day & Wednesday with b'H all kids under foot in my mansion Wink we need to get this place pesach cleaned!!!!!!!!!!! Help Help (I generally have a hard time cleaning with kids around. I usually work through the night, but I just don't have the koach now. I'm zapped before the night even starts. so not sure how this is happening...)
By early next week this place needs to be ready to be turned over, and I need to shop for pesach from 'head to toe'................................

Last edited by amother on Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:54 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Here I am with my kvetch tale...

For starters I still have a huge headache & some muscle aches. I though I was over covid, but then got new symptoms. then I was hoping to at least be clear by today- so it should be 72 hours by the time my thurs appt rolls around. but nope.

Next, we have to make pesach here. was totally not in the plan & the mess here just doesn't cooperate... plus of course not feeling great I have no motivation...

Tomorrow we have a virtual appt with peds surg, so hope it won't take long- but its giving me pressure, knowing I have to be "on" for a set time. & Thursday we'll be spending all day in clinic. so there goes another whole day...

So between Tuesday 1/2 day & Wednesday with b'H all kids under foot in my mansion Wink we need to get this place pesach cleaned!!!!!!!!!!! Help Help (I generally have a hard time cleaning with kids around. I usually work through the night, but I just don't have the koach now. I'm zapped before the night even starts. so not sure how this is happening...)
By early next week this place needs to be ready to be turned over, and I need to shop for pesach from 'head to toe'................................

Hug

May HaShem Himself solve your problems. (He is your Father after all) May He give you Koach, Gezunt, Nachas, Parnassah and Pesach. Because without Him.. We've got nothing.

Sending you loads of hugs.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:57 pm
My mil was not respecting the quarantine caught coronovirus and now we all probably caught it too!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 10:04 pm
I've woken up yet again with temperature ravishing my body, my every bone is achy and I'm all shaky. I'm scared to go to sleep at night. This virus is EVIL. I need to take paracetamol in night and it makes me feel so sick. Anyone else out there fighting this thing? Rolling Eyes

miami85

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 11:57 pm
My 81 year-old mother with dementia lives with us and we've been making sure that she's been going to her ADC as they were still operational and were planning on being open (we're in a low-incidence area). That has been keeping us sane because otherwise all she does all day is ask me to do things for her and Im trying to manage 5 kids--3 with real schoolwork to do but they don't want to do it, a preschooler with whom I'm supposed to be helping her make her haggadah, a toddler who only wants to watch youtube videos all day and a 3 month old. My husband is working from home as he usually does and I am technically still working but I'm in a lull so I'm more available. And trying to get ready for yom tov. And today I found out that the ADC will be closed for the month of April.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 12:52 am
I got my period today and it hurts. Physically and emotionally!
Now I’m all stressed about going to the Mikva with the virus situation. And I most likely will need to go motzei shabbos after a 3 day yom tov, so I’m sure the chlorine levels won’t be good. So I’ll need to push off a day...

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 12:57 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I got my period today and it hurts. Physically and emotionally!
Now I’m all stressed about going to the Mikva with the virus situation. And I most likely will need to go motzei shabbos after a 3 day yom tov, so I’m sure the chlorine levels won’t be good. So I’ll need to push off a day...

Why would the chlorine levels not be good?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:07 am
Looks like my son's wedding will be postponed indefinitely...was supposed to be last day of Nissan. No idea when we can reschedule but his kallah is in another country, so it has been a fairly long engagement, and no travel anytime soon.

And I am getting really stressed by all the judgment on this site regarding having guests for Pesach. My daughter is divorced with a 6 year old and a 1 year old baby. After struggling with SIF for many years, her ex walked out on her while she was pregnant. We, and she, have been quarantined since March 15, and she's coming to us, G-d willing...she has had enough abandonment in her life. We have been in touch with an infectious disease doctor (who is consulting with the CDC, btw), and he gave us all the protocols and instructions. So yes, there are exceptions to the "rules" but the harshness and sanctimony on this site is making me want to cry for all of us.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:16 am
I can’t get out of bed with being hit with a massive headache. Every time I think I’m feeling ok enough to get up, the pain returns. My kids are basically on their own most of the day. Also pesach is supposed to happen. But I’m only complaining because that’s the theme of this thread! I’m truly grateful for so many things.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 2:27 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

I went to mikva 13 days ago and have coronovirus. Started symptoms a couple days ago. Who knows if from that or doing food shopping..

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 2:29 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I can’t get out of bed with being hit with a massive headache. Every time I think I’m feeling ok enough to get up, the pain returns. My kids are basically on their own most of the day. Also pesach is supposed to happen. But I’m only complaining because that’s the theme of this thread! I’m truly grateful for so many things.

Refuah Sheleimah!

You are allowed to have both. You're allowed to kvetch about how you're feeling without needing to justify yourself for it. It's okay to have kvetchy moments. We are all grateful for the innumerable brachos we have, but we're also allowed to acknowledge the hard parts.

B"H human beings are multifaceted and can handle both aspects at the same time. This world is all mixed packages, good and bad, Eitz Hadaas Tov Vara.

Until Moshiach comes things will continue to be a combination, everything has a positive aspect and a negative aspect. We don't have to deny either. We are allowed to shift focus.

The bottom line is to daven for Geulah!

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 2:41 am
I neeeed this thread!!
I am forced to work a 29 hour week.
Tried to take unpaid leave and was told they would take a warrant out to force me to come to work.
My marrieds have decided to take up residence for the forseeable future at her mother's-- in a place where no one is respecting the social distancing/quarantine rules.
DH is mad at me for trying to discuss Pesach plans too early and stressing him out. Hasn't spoken to me in a week.
I cannot stop eating. Carbs. And fat.
And I'm furious with someone I know whose children flew in last week and are totally not quarantining. She's out in every store in the neighborhood. Infecting the world.
I know I have so much to be grateful for. Everyone is healthy. I will have most of my kids home for Pesach. Both me and DH have jobs.
But. Just but.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:57 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

This is all assumptions and I will call the Mikva to talk it out. But at a time like this, the chlorine is super important. I’m assuming they can not and will not be checking on Pesach itself, so realistically it won’t be adjusted until Sunday. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Oh and to add to my period complaint, we are TTC and I was hoping this was the month...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics