Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
The Kosel Plaza is completely empty tonight

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 7:53 pm
Saw a picture of it on Jewish News.
Heartbreaking. Crying

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 7:59 pm
Heartbreaking.

taby

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:21 pm
Yes I saw it too it bought me chills

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Saw a picture of it on Jewish News.
Heartbreaking. Crying

Never despair! I'm on kotel cam right now, and there are three Jews davening, very very very separately. They're like on opposite sides of the wall. But it's beautiful to see.

....Okay now there's two. Which reminds me of that gemara that if you're one of two people are davening in a shul, you can't just leave the other one alone when you're done. You have to wait until they're done.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:30 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Never despair! I'm on kotel cam right now, and there are three Jews davening, very very very separately. They're like on opposite sides of the wall. But it's beautiful to see.

....Okay now there's two. Which reminds me of that gemara that if you're one of two people are davening in a shul, you can't just leave the other one alone when you're done. You have to wait until they're done.

Never heard of this gemara.
But thanks for the chizzuk that the kosel is not all alone. She has been alone for far too many years.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:35 pm
Its also so sad to see the footage of the chayalim roaming through Meah Shearim and fining people who are davening in shul as well and even arresting some.
I get that they have no choice and I am grateful to them for doing this awful job. But the scene is too reminiscent of the holocaust era.
Hashem should remove this terrible plague from us so we can go back to crowding the Kosel, davening betzibbur and even embracing our fellow Jews.

lucky14

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:58 pm
It's interesting- I see it as the opposite. I'm so happy that people are caring about each other's lives. That even though it is so hard to leave the kotel all alone and daven at home we are doing it to save lives and knowing that after all of this we will be able to go back to doing all of the precious things we do. I myself have taken many things for granted and this has really reminded me how much I need to take advantage of what we have- I can not wait to go back to shul! But I am so proud that people are listening even though it's obviously really hard for so many of us.

I do see what you are saying though and you are absolutely correct.

momof2+?

Post Mon, Mar 30 2020, 9:06 pm
I am looking at kotel cam now(I know it is the middle of the night) and there are maybe 100 birds flying around in front of the wall. Is this regular?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics