Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Great Board Games
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 12:18 pm
Any ideas of great board games we can play over Pesach?

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 12:23 pm
Ticket to ride
Clue- for Chol hamoed
Rummikub

Some card games:
Set
Perpetual commotion
Monopoly deal

momomany

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 12:28 pm
Azul
Labyrinth
Latice

aimhabanim

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 12:50 pm
What age? My teenagers love settlers of Catan

sky

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:03 pm
All good board games mentioned so far - but really depends on ages.

Cover your assets - all ages - 4+ players
Ticket to ride - fun for variety of ages
Catan - older players
Set
Rat-a-tat-cat
Perpetual commotion - fast paced game
Rummikub
Guess who - 2 kids
Risk
Skippity - great for younger kids
Vikings on board - strategy game for older kids
Code names
Master mind - 2 kids
Battleship - 2 kids
Swish

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:32 pm
My kids want me to buy Pandemic but I can’t bring myself to.

Codenames is a really fun game. We also play Carcasonne and Settlers of Catan a lot.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:41 pm
Any idea for games without piece or cards which need to be touched and where your can sit 6+ feet away from the other people? (Taboo would come to mind but you need to sit close to check the do not say list).
Youngest is 16, so older games are perfect-do not even need to be from a box-even just ideas.

I work in healthcare in a high risk setting (yet my job should be remote as I am support and am not saving any lives, just adding to the risk). I have been sleeping alone in the basement (b"h I have space) for 4 weeks now, don't touch food or anything else, and wear a mask around my house and need to socially isolated from my family.

Would appreciate any ideas.
Please no pity-I have enough of that myself and it just makes me cry.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:45 pm
Risk
Mille Bournes
Snorta

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:49 pm
Risk
Stratego
Chutes and Ladders

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 2:07 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
My kids want me to buy Pandemic but I can’t bring myself to.

Codenames is a really fun game. We also play Carcasonne and Settlers of Catan a lot.

I bought pandemic and my teenagers played it on Shabbos. They loved it and played multiple rounds. They're asking me to buy the extension package for Pesach.

aliavi

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 3:07 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Any idea for games without piece or cards which need to be touched and where your can sit 6+ feet away from the other people? (Taboo would come to mind but you need to sit close to check the do not say list).
Youngest is 16, so older games are perfect-do not even need to be from a box-even just ideas.

I work in healthcare in a high risk setting (yet my job should be remote as I am support and am not saving any lives, just adding to the risk). I have been sleeping alone in the basement (b"h I have space) for 4 weeks now, don't touch food or anything else, and wear a mask around my house and need to socially isolated from my family.

Please get support for your emotional well being! Are these precautions needed or are you acting from fear and anxiety? PTSD is a real thing! No pity here, but please make sure this doesn’t take more from you than you are able to give.

Charades is an idea.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 3:24 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

Can you wear gloves and play a game like Apples to Apples? You have to hand over cards, but maybe you can throw them to the next player. We do that anyway because we're lazy on Shabbos and some of us are sitting on the couch Very Happy

amother
White

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 3:31 pm
If it's chol hamoed, you can play Scattergories and type your answers into your phone and send them to someone else's to compare. On yom tov, talking games. Charades, I spy, I'm going to California, etc. I can't think of anything else that lets you stay that separate. You could also play any game that has a guesser and remain the guesser. So in Taboo, nobody has to sit next to you if you are always guessing. Or you play Trivial Pursuit and someone else moves your piece (I know, an oldie- but works for any game where you make the decisions and someone else does the moving.)

May Hashem bless you, your families and your patients with good health.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:44 pm
You could do Taboo on the honor system. Or like white amother said be on the guessing side each time. Indeed a tough question. I could see Apples to Apples working, or Dixit which is a similar concept. Wear gloves if handwashing isn't enough but I'm thinking handwashing is enough for this situation and it's just breathing to worry about. If you wear a mask can you do things where you take turns approaching the board, like Rummikub or basically anything that goes in turns? So everyone else can step back while you make your move, and the mask ensures you're not getting particles on the board/pieces?

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 5:47 pm
Does it have to be a board game? Someone mentioned charades. There are lots of similar games that are really fun, where all you need is people.

Compound words
Lawyer
Smelly socks

Basically, the kind of games you would have played in Shabbos groups as a kid.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:23 pm
aliavi wrote:
Please get support for your emotional well being! Are these precautions needed or are you acting from fear and anxiety? PTSD is a real thing! No pity here, but please make sure this doesn’t take more from you than you are able to give.

Charades is an idea.

The precautions are needed. thank you for your concern. If I had a way to prevent this from taking less than I am able to give, I most certainly would seize that.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:28 pm
Some of these ideas sound interesting and I will definitely explore.
Most of the problem is really the breathing.
The surgical masks are great for catching sneezes, but are really like wearing a colander (they are graded for .03 and the virus is .01) and JAMA now says 27 feet.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:23 pm
I just ordered pandemic.
I have wanted to get it for a while! I like the fact that it’s not ppl against each other but working together.

How long does it take to play (2 players) anyone who’s played it...

Ticket to ride is great. I also ordeeed taki which is a number card game.
Set is fun.
Labyrinth board game is fun!

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:59 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Does it have to be a board game? Someone mentioned charades. There are lots of similar games that are really fun, where all you need is people.

Compound words
Lawyer
Smelly socks

How do you play lawyer and smelly socks?

asweet

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:02 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:

Compound words
Lawyer
Smelly socks

Smelly socks! What is the game?

It sounds like fun!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics