Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can I ask about about the travel ban w.o being attacked?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:35 pm
Is it allowed to travel from nj to pa now and cross state lines ? Where would I get more info? Ty

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it allowed to travel from nj to pa now and cross state lines ? Where would I get more info? Ty

Yes. My DH works in Philly and travels daily. There is no travel ban or quarantine on nj or philly.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:43 pm
I think it's just Florida that has set up checkpoints.
And by the way, as a throwback to all those Florida travel threads....airBnb upcoming rentals have all been canceled, including those reservations made prior to the ban.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:45 pm
Just be careful and expect to be harassed sporting ny or nj plates. This has happened.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 1:49 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Just be careful and expect to be harassed sporting ny or nj plates. This has happened.

My DH working in Philadelphia has not had any issue being from nj. His job requires lots of running around - no office - and so far he’s had no issues.

He actually is finding ppl oblivious.
He only goes into stores with gloves and mask. He said ppl are grouping together - no gloves or masks with no fear or worries.

His employees in philly are equally naive. He bought them gloves and hand sanitizer. But they aren’t really concerned.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 2:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You can call your local state police station and ask if cars with NJ plates are being pulled over in PA.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 2:03 pm
However I now see this
@LakewoodScoop: Governor Murphy suggests he may restrict travel to New Jersey from other states. Says he doesn't want people from areas of laxer restrictions...
Don’t know if that means you can’t travel out...but anyways it’s not in affect now

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 2:07 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
However I now see this
@LakewoodScoop: Governor Murphy suggests he may restrict travel to New Jersey from other states. Says he doesn't want people from areas of laxer restrictions...
Don’t know if that means you can’t travel out...but anyways it’s not in affect now

If I travel out and am not let back in itll be a big mess...

doctorima

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 2:23 pm
I can't imagine they won't let you come back to your home in NJ, worst case they'll tell you to self-quarantine there for 14 days. Also, even if Gov. Murphy makes such a rule, it won't go into effect immediately, so you'll definitely have time to get back home and don't have to worry about being trapped out of state.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 2:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If I travel out and am not let back in itll be a big mess...

If you are a nj resident I’m positive you can come back in.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 3:21 pm
For now. Things change day to day. You can't guarantee this will be the case next week.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 3:34 pm
AFAIK, states cannot ban interstate travel. Presumably the federal government could.

They can keep you out of certain places in the state unless you're a resident.

They also, presumably, would not let you go one way and not the other.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 3:35 pm
If you are commuting from one state to another because you have ESSENTIAL business, you would have no problems.

They are not going to suddenly stop people from traveling from one state to another. Even if for whatever reason they closed a state border (which is extremely unlikely), there would be notice of that so you wouldn't leave in the morning and be trapped trying to get home in the afternoon.

However, since everyone in the tristate area is supposed to be sheltering in place, how is it an issue for most people. In NY, for example, they have opened up hotels for health care and other emergency personnel so that they will have living places close to work.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 3:48 pm
It's wild that anywhere in the US let alone the world there are people blithely gathering. I appreciate the states' rights but this is sobering.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 4:05 pm
Officially no ban. However now is a time to be a good citizen and good neighbor and good person. Activily HELP the situation and shine a light by setting good example. Best not to do any travel if it isn't fully essential.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics