Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Suppers next week
1  2  Next

Moonlight

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:28 pm
What do you plan on serving your family for lunch and dinner after you turn over your kitchen? I only started thinking about it because my sister told me she is making and freezing macaroni and cheese and will warm it up in her toaster oven. I thought it was a great idea except I don't have a toaster oven. Did you think about what you will be serving?
Would love to hear your ideas although I personally have very picky kids

srbmom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:29 pm
Following

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:31 pm
This might help
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....87142

imasinger

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:35 pm
We do reheated stuff in the microwave or oven, put away the one and kasher the other last.

We will have pizza, pasta, ramen soup. Shabbos stuff (challah, other foods) set aside and frozen. Will do egg/potato things in kashered kitchen later.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:36 pm
Cereal.
Cereal.
Meat and potatoes.
Cereal.
(I still have a lot of cereal to get rid of)

keym

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:38 pm
I have a milchig and fleishig microwave.
So I prepare several pounds of pasta, with cheese, with sauce, plain, and store them on one shelf of my fridge. Fish sticks, my George Foreman for hot dogs, noodle soups, sandwich maker, etc.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:40 pm
By the way, I hate throwing out food, and I have seven mostly full containers of assorted seasoned and unseasoned breadcrumbs/ panko/ pretzel crumbs/corn flake crumbs… To get rid of. Any ideas?
I feel like that would not make a good cake for Shabbos.
In the past, I would just to give them all to my non-Jewish coworkers, but no one's taking food from anyone's house at this point.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:40 pm
One day meatballs over rice, KLP. One day pizza. One day let kids vote what they want (like cold cut sandwiches, shnitzel sandwiches, etc I prepare the fillings and buy subs eat it on the porch or front steps).

ladYdI

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:41 pm
Noodle soup
Sandwiches
Ready tuna and spreads
Cereal
Yogurts
Cheese
Cans of corn, etc
By Monday I can start serving chicken potatoes vegs soups compote and sides that I’m preparing for pesach

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:43 pm
Make KLP hamburgers and hot dogs in my KLP oven. Take outside and eat with buns and Heinz Ketchup.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 6:49 pm
keym wrote:
I have a milchig and fleishig microwave.
my George Foreman for hot dogs, noodle soups, sandwich maker, etc.

This could be an issue to use on kashered counter

keym

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:18 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
This could be an islsue to use on kashered counter

True. I move a table to the front foyer of my house.
A bit cluttered but this way my kids have what to eat and aren't kvetchy.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:41 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
By the way, I hate throwing out food, and I have seven mostly full containers of assorted seasoned and unseasoned breadcrumbs/ panko/ pretzel crumbs/corn flake crumbs… To get rid of. Any ideas?
In the past, I would just to give them all to my non-Jewish coworkers, but no one's taking food from anyone's house at this point.

Sell it. I heard from a few sources that even if you never sell chometz, you should sell yours this year (no need to do hatars nedarim). Do not throw it away (R' Tauber from LA, Lakewood article on BCP, etc)

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 7:57 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:

My kids love the crumbs mixed with egg when I'm done breading fish or schnitzel. Just make into patties and fry.

solo

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:02 pm
We usually bbq for dinner. But our grill broke do this yr it’ll be crock pot suppers. That r already prepped n frozen.
Breakfast is eggs.
Lunch is sammies on the back porch

Moonlight

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 8:03 pm
Such great ideas thanks!

isrmss91

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:10 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Sell it. I heard from a few sources that even if you never sell chometz, you should sell yours this year (no need to do hatars nedarim). Do not throw it away (R' Tauber from LA, Lakewood article on BCP, etc)

Yes, probably a very good idea to sell your chametz. Pesach ends on a Thursday, which leaves only Friday (erev Shabbos) to purchase Chametz from the stores. Who knows what the situation maybe, hopefully Moshiach will be here, but just in case, best to be prepared, that we may not be able to go shopping the second the chag is over, and imagine the rush, to the stores.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:20 pm
Bh my son's cheder is providing breakfast and lunches. Dinner will be via uber eats....

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:14 pm
Turning the kitchen over after shabbos. The plan is to microwave shabbos leftovers for Sunday night, BBQ on Monday night, and order takeout on Tuesday night. We'll see.

SingALong

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:47 am
I have a Pesach kitchen and plan to cover up my regular kitchen on Monday. Sunday night will iyh be reheated Shabbos leftovers rewarded in my still chometz kitchen, Monday and Tuesday night I’ll make Pesach food in Pesach kitchen, Like baked chicken and potatoes, Steamed broccoli, squash soup, or Pesach did shnitzel.
In the past I’ve done takeout those last 2 days but trying to avoid that this year.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics