Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Help me from eating my way through this crisis

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:19 pm
title says it all.

im in the kitchen the whole day preparing and cleaning meals
im stressed
im scared
I have no simchas
no one is seeing me

etc

help me not sabotage myself

flmommy

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:21 pm
Waiting to hear what other day! I’m in same boat as you.

enneamom

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:22 pm
I can help you eat your way through this crisis if you want...

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:22 pm
I wish I had advice, but I've been eating my way through all my chametz, no need to sell anything this year.🤣

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:39 pm
Same boat. Hope it doesn't sink Crying Sad

SuperWify

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:40 pm
And me. I gained 3 pounds already. No motivation to exercise though I push myself 20 minutes a day and we’re out of vegetables and we have a huge stash of chocolate. That just works.

pause

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 10:45 pm
When everything else fails, I keep a water bottle with me all the time. I drink and drink and drink. Even when I end up eating way more than I should and don't exercise at all, somehow the drinking helps keep the numbers down on the scale. It also keeps me feeling full and less desperate for food. Whenever I want to reach for food, I first guzzle down a water-bottle-ful. Sometimes it helps me not grab that snack, and sometimes it doesn't, but at least the food gets diluted down there... Wink

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:01 pm
pause wrote:
When everything else fails, I keep a water bottle with me all the time. I drink and drink and drink. Even when I end up eating way more than I should and don't exercise at all, somehow the drinking helps keep the numbers down on the scale. It also keeps me feeling full and less desperate for food. Whenever I want to reach for food, I first guzzle down a water-bottle-ful. Sometimes it helps me not grab that snack, and sometimes it doesn't, but at least the food gets diluted down there... Wink

that's good advice!
keep it coming

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:03 pm
SuperWify wrote:
And me. I gained 3 pounds already. No motivation to exercise though I push myself 20 minutes a day and we’re out of vegetables and we have a huge stash of chocolate. That just works.

you made me laugh with your supply at home
its good you monitor your weight though, im scared to step on the scale !
what kind of exercise can you do at home?

thegiver

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:13 pm
Not sure if this is inspirational to you or not but it was for me--anytjijg u place ur trust in that's not hashem is avoda Zara.

Eat veggies if u need to eat like peppers carrots etc no harm in those unlimited

ladYdI

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:17 pm
Every time you eat something illegal 20 mins of exercise!!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:26 pm
thegiver wrote:
Not sure if this is inspirational to you or not but it was for me--anytjijg u place ur trust in that's not hashem is avoda Zara.

Eat veggies if u need to eat like peppers carrots etc no harm in those unlimited

How does that thought about abodah Zara help from eating? Please explain

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:48 pm
Intermittent fasting for me.
I can only eat certain times. And I eat then tons. But the rest of the time I just can’t and that’s it.
It’s not to lose weight. Just to maintain.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 31 2020, 11:53 pm
My motivation is that I want to be the healthiest I can be during this crazy time so that if chas veshalom any of us get this virus we have a strong immune system. Lots of water, exercise, fruits and veggies, vit c etc. I want to know that im doing my part to keep myself and my family healthy. Also, exercise=sanity so thats a win win.
Dont write off stress and sleep- they count just as much if not more than nutrition and exercise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics