Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Quarantine Has Taught Me...

Brachie69

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:31 am
Curious to hear perspectives of something you have learnt about yourself or those around around you as a result of this imposed quarantine. I'll start:

Quarantine has taught me Newfound respect and admiration for Stay at Home Moms. Don't think I have the mental and emotional temerity do that full time even though I'm a rockstar at work.

israelmama

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:34 am
I’ve learnt to be more patient!

icedcoffee

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:39 am
I've learned my husband is SO BUSY during the workday. I always took it for granted because he always responds right away when I used to text him throughout the day, but now that we can see each other working from home, I see he is seriously "on" every minute of every day and works so hard. He's never complained but I think it's going to affect how I treat him in the future when he comes home from work (I.e. letting him have some time to decompress instead of immediately smothering him).

southernbubby

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:44 am
Other than that Hashem can change the world practically overnight, in previous years, the days before Pesach would be spent going from store to store sleuthing out deals and that's obviously not an option now.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:50 am
That my children can really function on their own while their mom is sick in bed.

Refine

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:05 pm
How grateful I am for vaccines and medication.
Even for the flu vaccine that only works some of the time and tamiflu that must be taken early on.

ora_43

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:06 pm
That there are a lot of good people in my neighborhood. We have a neighborhood WhatsApp group to connect people who need help (eg elderly people who shouldn't/can't go out shopping) with people who can help them. Usually no more than 3-4 minutes pass between a post going up that someone needs help, and a volunteer being found.

This isn't a nice neighborhood, and I've been borderline-hating it recently, so it's good to remember that there are a lot of wonderful people here, too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics