Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Makeup for 3 day yt
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:01 pm
Who wants to share their fav products that have the longest chance of lasting this yomtov?

I'm doing an order on Sephora, looking for recommendations so as not to look like a ghost on the third day of yt. Very Happy

So far getting Urban Decay eye shadow primer and Stilla eyeliner.

What else?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:14 pm
Im just thrilled (sort of. You know what I mean) that there’s no shul so no one will see me. I’m going to let my skin breathe and not bother with makeup at all

MiriFr

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:15 pm
Any Lancome waterproof mascara

Careline lipstick (or rimmel provocolips. From drugstore. Permanent marker hello)

Would you try shabbos makeup?

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:15 pm
Ha!
I don't need makeup. I will be wearing a face mask!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:16 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Any Lancome waterproof mascara

Careline lipstick (or rimmel provocolips. From drugstore. Permanent marker hello)

Would you try shabbos makeup?

I've been thinking about asking a Rav about this. Who sells it?

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:27 pm
The last thing on my mind for Pesach this year is makeup lol

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:34 pm
I've had the most luck with the following method:
Apply a full face of makeup. Let the primer sit a little before applying the rest of the makeup. Spray face with hairspray. Let set about an hour. Then apply another full face but without the primer. Spray hairspray on face again.
It feels like you're wearing something on your face but this is the only method that works for me. I've tried everything.

MiriFr

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've been thinking about asking a Rav about this. Who sells it?

Depends where you live.
I love shabbosbrushups by allison. Heres her contact info (917)5794074. She's super nice. Her main store is in the five towns, but I think she has people selling all over.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:39 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
The last thing on my mind for Pesach this year is makeup lol

You don’t wear makeup for yourself? Your husband? Lkavod yom tov?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:45 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:

Right.
I put on makeup lekavod shabbos and yom tov.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:46 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:

I definitely do! I wear makeup every shabbos and yom tov even if I won't be stepping a foot outside. I just have so much on my mind this year that it didn't occur to me to think of buying new makeup for yom tov!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 1:48 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
I definitely do! I wear makeup every shabbos and yom tov even if I won't be stepping a foot outside. I just have so much on my mind this year that it didn't occur to me to think of buying new makeup for yom tov!

Wearing makeup and dressing up nicely might make you feel better.

Ok1

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 11:41 pm
make sure to wear moisturiser, primer, concealer, base and get a good setting spray (all nighter purple spray, is great) and sleep with a slip on your pillow, cotton takes off makeup.... (loreal eye liner pot, loreal pro glow or estee lauder double wear foundation,loreal whaterproof mascara)

Metukah

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 5:10 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Im just thrilled (sort of. You know what I mean) that there’s no shul so no one will see me. I’m going to let my skin breathe and not bother with makeup at all

This isn't the first time I'm seeing this on imamother.
Do people really only dress up for the outside?
To me this year is no different, because I dress and make myself up for my dh and for myself.
Most shabbosos I don't leave the house (I have a baby and there is no eruv) yet I still apply full makeup, heavy enough to last for the whole shabbos.
On the very rare occasions that dh has been away on shabbos (3 times in 12 years), I still applied makeup to make myself feel better.

DrMom

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 5:18 am
I almost never wear face makeup, and davka this year I am not going to start.

(And I live in Israel so I don't have to deal with a 3-day yom tov anyway.)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 8:47 am
DrMom wrote:
I almost never wear face makeup, and davka this year I am not going to start.

(And I live in Israel so I don't have to deal with a 3-day yom tov anyway.)

What's wrong with davka starting this year? It's very important to take care of ourselves and give ourselves some self care and make ourselves look nice and feel good for yom tov. Especially now.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:45 am
MiriFr wrote:
Depends where you live.
I love shabbosbrushups by allison. Heres her contact info (917)5794074. She's super nice. Her main store is in the five towns, but I think she has people selling all over.

Also use and like. There’s an article about this brand and application in the current Naomi Magazine subscription.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 10:51 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
What's wrong with davka starting this year? It's very important to take care of ourselves and give ourselves some self care and make ourselves look nice and feel good for yom tov. Especially now.

Sometimes self care means relaxing, and focusing more on what's inside, instead of your external appearance.

I'm not saying you can't do both! I'm saying that everyone had a different definition of self care. That doesn't mean you don't care about how you look. Many women look lovely without makeup. (I like to think I look at least half decent with nothing but lip gloss on.)

I was just thinking last week, as I was on my way to the dentist, the advantages of going out fully prepared for being in public. No one can see if my lipstick matches my outfit, or if I remembered to put on blush. Nobody sees that pimple on my chin. No one sees if my nail polish is chipped or not, or if I have a broken nail.

You can still be attractive with a pretty tichel and nice earrings.

There's a certain kind of freedom in that. Very Happy

DrMom

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:16 pm

I already look awesome, TYVM. Wink

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:10 pm
Wearing makeup and dressing up nicely might make you feel better.

She didn’t say she felt bad, just that she had other things on her mind. I can’t believe people still care about superficial stuff like make-up when people are dying.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics