Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Thanking your relative's medical staff?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 8:21 pm
I'd like to send something, maybe dried fruit & nuts, for all the medical professionals who've been taking care of DH, soon to be released Chasdei Hashem.

Anyone can tell me a place I can order online (hosp in Philly)?

I guess I could just do Oh Nuts but I'd rather if there's a local place that will do it tomorrow.

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:21 pm
K, Amazon is offering me Sat delivery. I am pretty sure you're not allowed to specify that. Other choice is arrives in a week or two by which time they won't even remember who we are.

Then I think, wait, I am sure no medical people want to take from a common platter. I need a box of wrapped candies. Not finding that. Also not all that hygienic.

How about a bunch of gift certificates to Dunkin Donuts? There's one about 15 minutes from hospital. What do y'all think?

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 12:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
K, Amazon is offering me Sat delivery. I am pretty sure you're not allowed to specify that. Other choice is arrives in a week or two by which time they won't even remember who we are.

Then I think, wait, I am sure no medical people want to take from a common platter. I need a box of wrapped candies. Not finding that. Also not all that hygienic.

How about a bunch of gift certificates to Dunkin Donuts? There's one about 15 minutes from hospital. What do y'all think?

I saw on lakewood scoop that someone was manufacturing individual chocolates for nurses. wonder if u can order for him to ship to a specific ward...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 7:55 am
Quote:
I saw on lakewood scoop that someone was manufacturing individual chocolates for nurses. wonder if u can order for him to ship to a specific ward...

Thank you! Great idea! I know his family so I emailed to inquire.

Meanwhile if I can't send food (as someone commented, contribute to obesity levels in US?) I was thinking about a letter.

Next question: would you attach a (blurry) picture of many many einiklach from a chasunah (a few years ago so some missing ken ayin hora) to say thank you for helping save our grandfather's life? I think it would be meaningful for the staff to know how many people are celebrating this, but should I worry about ayin hora? (NOT bothering a Rov with this question now...)

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 7:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Quote:

Thank you! Great idea! I know his family so I emailed to inquire.

Meanwhile if I can't send food (as someone commented, contribute to obesity levels in US?) I was thinking about a letter.

Next question: would you attach a (blurry) picture of many many einiklach from a chasunah (a few years ago so some missing ken ayin hora) to say thank you for helping save our grandfather's life? I think it would be meaningful for the staff to know how many people are celebrating this, but should I worry about ayin hora? (NOT bothering a Rov with this question now...)

I think rather write a note and sign every family members name including every einekel. That should have the same impact.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics