Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
I know I am late....

momof2+?

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:12 pm
But I just came up with the idea to send my parents/inlaws something for yomtov. They don't really need anything, they just will be missing us over yom tov. I looked into shipping a cardboard cutout of my kids, but it will be $130 for 1 including shipping (to canada.) Anyone have another idea? A good book? And my kids can write letters and I'll spray them with lysol before I mail? 🤔
We're all disappointed we won't see each other and I would like to do SOMETHING 😑

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:16 pm
Art work from kids

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:18 pm
I am having my kids write divre Torah for the Seder and emailing them to the grandparents with titles of where to insert. This way they can print them before YT and read them during their Seder.
(I.e. The Dvar Torah on mah nistana says that on the top so that the grandparents know to read it at that point of the Seder, same with dayanu....)
We had all the kids/grandkids do it, not just mine, so the grandparents can hear everyone's voice even though it is just them. (We did this for both sides)

momof2+?

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:25 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I am having my kids write divre Torah for the Seder and emailing them to the grandparents with titles of where to insert. This way they can print them before YT and read them during their Seder.
(I.e. The Dvar Torah on mah nistana says that on the top so that the grandparents know to read it at that point of the Seder, same with dayanu....)
We had all the kids/grandkids do it, not just mine, so the grandparents can hear everyone's voice even though it is just them. (We did this for both sides)

This is a nice idea, but my oldest is 7, so a little young for this. Artwork is a nice idea, but I was hoping for something more.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:34 pm
Look for a photo printer that is located IN Canada, so shipping will be reasonable. Maybe a photo pillow for leaning on at the seder?
For example https://www.photobookcanada.co.....set=0
https://www.blacks.ca/en/produ.....hion/

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 11:46 pm
https://giftmagicians.com/collections
See if they have anything you like. Some can be personalized with pictures according to their Instagram

thriver

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 12:00 am
I’m working on making a photo book with pictures of my kids and nieces and nephews (BH for technology!) acting out a mock Seder. It was great fun for the kids. Hope to be finished by tomorrow and hope it’ll make it there on time!

momof2+?

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 12:20 am
thriver wrote:
I’m working on making a photo book with pictures of my kids and nieces and nephews (BH for technology!) acting out a mock Seder. It was great fun for the kids. Hope to be finished by tomorrow and hope it’ll make it there on time!

Sooo cute! I wish I would have thought of this a week ago.... Is it too late for me if I do it all tomorrow????

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 12:33 am
Depends what they are into.
You can do a digital picture frame. You can get one that you can send pictures directly from your phone to the frame.

Or a pesach cookbook

Or apron for pesach cooking. If you ha e time you can buy online and put on pictures of your kids on it and ship to their house.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 1:26 am
momof2+? wrote:
Sooo cute! I wish I would have thought of this a week ago.... Is it too late for me if I do it all tomorrow????

If you can devote most of the day to it, I don't see why not.

imabima

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 8:56 am
We are doing a mock seder Sunday. At noon so east, coast, west coast, and Israeli family can all join via zoom. Everyone will share a dear torah, riddle, questions, project...basically whatever they want.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 11:08 am
thriver wrote:

Where did you find a place that will ship on time? We did this and missed shipping - the latest to order was Monday. But parents are local so we found a local place to do it.

MiriFr

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 11:09 am
Maybe have your kids put together a hagadah for them?
Like pix of the kids doing the seder stuff + some of their pesach artwork?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics