Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
More false reporting lkwd

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 12:11 am
Drudge had top story 99 yr old breaks law and host engagement party.

Only residents of the home were in the home. 5 siblings of the kallah.

Siblings were outside each in own car giving congratulations.

The 99 yr old was the chosson. They wrote down the wrong birthday (2020) on the ticket. That part is just too crazy to be true!

Same with the story of bus full of kids driving to school.
It was a driver with his own kids delivering food to students. There is video footage to prove it on the bus.

Ppl are driving around Lakewood lookingvto carch us in the act.
The reporter who reported the bus story even said it seems like ppl were driving around lkwd looking fo a story.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 12:39 am
Reorter who reported buses taking kids to school retracted his first apology even

https://m.facebook.com/story.p.....2C%3B

Antisemitism is alive full force
https://nj1015.com/anti-semiti.....nion/

Has Lakewood been singled out
https://www.app.com/story/news.....4002/

And the comments are from a different generation.

It scares me

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 12:42 am
Was the couple arrested for child endangerment when they threw a bas mitzvah for 40ish girls on their front lawn also fake news? I sure hope so. I really want to believe that yidden have more sense than this.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 12:46 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Was the couple arrested for child endangerment when they threw a bas mitzvah for 40ish girls on their front lawn also fake news? I sure hope so. I really want to believe that yidden have more sense than this.

That one I don’t know. Also hope so.

But there were 40 citations given in nj. Only 2 from Lakewood were reported in the media.

Overall Lakewood has been so quiet.,.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 12:48 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:

I dont know what really happened, but I do know they were making a bar mitzvah not a bas mitzvah. I'm hoping that the rest of the story is just as inaccurate.

Simple1

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 7:01 am
One family was given a hard time by police because of the Pesach delivery boxes at their door. They were accused of planning a party. I believe this - my Pesach order was over 8 boxes. I heard this yesterday on a live APP chat with R' Aaron Kotler. He was imploring police to use their seichel when they implement the rules.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 7:49 am
Even if it wasn't Pesach or had anything to do with Jews, buying a lot of food at one time makes sense if there is a way to store it without it going bad.
The police do have to prevent large gatherings but since when is it a crime to stock up on groceries?
One wedding was busted when 50 people were allowed to congregate and there were only 35 people at the wedding.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 8:03 am
Ppl were also complaining that Jews were congregating in the blue claw (baseball) stadium. Picking up food.

The mayor had to clarify the food was paid for privately. And there was no party. And ppl were not getting out of cars.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 8:07 am
I passed by Howell High School (there's testing at the Middle School next door) and there were a few kids on the fields, running, what looked like a batting coach with at least two kids. So evidently there are more urgent matters still going on than Yidden getting married.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Drudge had top story 99 yr old breaks law and host engagement party.

Only residents of the home were in the home. 5 siblings of the kallah.

Siblings were outside each in own car giving congratulations.

The 99 yr old was the chosson. They wrote down the wrong birthday (2020) on the ticket. That part is just too crazy to be true!

I'm not following this story. a 99-yo-old man got engaged and his kallah has 5 siblings??!!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:43 am
BH the cops are bored..

Chayalle

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ppl were also complaining that Jews were congregating in the blue claw (baseball) stadium. Picking up food.

The mayor had to clarify the food was paid for privately. And there was no party. And ppl were not getting out of cars.

the Moadim L'Simcha pickup was a model of efficiency and social distancing. There was literally no contact at all.

When I went, in each huge, wide lane, there were maybe 2-3 cars. I drove thru with my DD, and at each stop that we needed, either she or I got out and took the box, and put it into our car.

We came into no contact with anyone else. At the end, I called for my total, wrote out my check, put into an envelope, and paid thru a flap to a tent.

I wish they'd do it this way every year (but without extenuating circumstances, please Hashem!) It was so much easier and so efficient. I came home so much calmer, less stressed out. No cart to find, no pushing a heavy cart, no double-loading/unloading each heavy box.....it was awesome.

I can't imagine anyone faulting this event. I don't think I came within 10 feet of anyone.

Amarante

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 10:51 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I'm not following this story. a 99-yo-old man got engaged and his kallah has 5 siblings??!!

I saw this story in The Lakewood Scoop and they listed those people arrested with names and ages.

There was a man whose age was reported as 99.

I have no idea whether the reporting was accurate. I remember wondering what on earth a 99 year old man was doing at any kind of social gathering.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 02 2020, 1:53 pm
Amarante wrote:
I saw this story in The Lakewood Scoop and they listed those people arrested with names and ages.

There was a man whose age was reported as 99.

I have no idea whether the reporting was accurate. I remember wondering what on earth a 99 year old man was doing at any kind of social gathering.

The name of 99 yr old man is the same as the 27 yr old chosson. And share the same birthday except for the year.
It was a mistake on the citation. They wrote the year 20 instead of his birth year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics