Home

Counting clean days if postponing mikvah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post  Thu, Apr 02 2020, 11:13 pm
I am definitely postponing mikvah for who knows how long, basically until we all feel safe again after this pandemic, which could be a while.

Question is: if I know I'm 100% postponing mikvah, do I count 7 clean days? Feels kind of silly since I'm not going. But then, it also feels like I should!

I'm sure this question will be addressed by rabbis at some point, and we'll ask our rav, but wondering has anyone gotten an answer yet to this question!

amother

Wine

Post  Thu, Apr 02 2020, 11:26 pm
I would count.

3 months ago, who would have expected everyone's life to turn upside down.

Things can change- iyh for the better! - in an instant.

Eta: I recently went to mikvah. There are a lot of new safety guidelines. But everyone's situation is different.

Frumme

Post  Thu, Apr 02 2020, 11:27 pm
From my understanding, you should still attempt to count 7 days, especially since we don't know when all of this will blow over. Maybe Moshiach will come on Pesach, and then no more coronavirus-- you'd want to be able to get to the mikvah asap! Kinda like if your husband goes away on a business trip, you should still count/dip on the off chance he returns early.

amother

Vermilion

Post  Fri, Apr 03 2020, 12:43 am
Frumme wrote:
From my understanding, you should still attempt to count 7 days, especially since we don't know when all of this will blow over. Maybe Moshiach will come on Pesach, and then no more coronavirus-- you'd want to be able to get to the mikvah asap! Kinda like if your husband goes away on a business trip, you should still count/dip on the off chance he returns early.
[quote]

Well said. Thank you so much for the clarity. Let's hope for the geulah bemheira!!!![b]
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns