Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Dr Zelenko - are his meds really working?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 12:45 am
I know there were a couple of threads open re dr zelenko. Looking at the unfortunate list of daily korbonos to the virus from all communities- I DO see that KJ does NOT have many deaths! Is his regimen actually working? Anyone from KJ that could weigh in?

We see deaths DAILY from Flatbush, Williamsburg, Boro Park and crown height but BH barely any from KJ!

Wondering if he is actually on to something

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 1:25 am
Hashem should hold His right hand over all of klal Yisroel.

Plesse dont discuss this because of eyin hura. Thanks!

I was in Dr. Zelenko's office twice this week. You cannot imagine the pouring of people that's going on there.

I met people from all over so I know he is not only helping people from KJ.

Hashem should repay him for his kindness.

dilego

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 6:55 am
Can anyone tell us here in israel what and how he prescribes?

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 7:11 am
dilego wrote:
Can anyone tell us here in israel what and how he prescribes?

Hannity read Zelenko's letter on his show:

Hydroxychloroquine 200mg, 2x a day for 5 days

Azithromycin 500mg, 1x a day for 5 days

Zinc 220mg, 1x a day for 5 days

Must be prescribed by patients own doctor because existing underlying conditions can c"v make these meds cause a heart arrhythmia c"v.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 7:13 am
Thank you!

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 7:15 am
Epidemologically and anyhropologically speaking, KJ's population is also very young with just about 1,000 people over 65 according to Census data (which is less than 5% of the total population). It is also easier to lockdown KJ since everyone basically listens to a few individuals so if those say stay home, they stay home. Hashem should continue to watch over KJ as well as all of Klal Yisroel.

If this medicine prevents hospitalizations in at risk patients it would be a game changer.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 7:21 am
' During the initial Chinese outbreak, Wuhan doctors observed that patients with lupus—a disease for which HC is a common treatment—did not seem to develop Covid-19. Of 178 hospital patients who tested positive, none had lupus and none were on HC. None of this Wuhan hospital’s dermatology department’s 80 lupus patients were infected with the novel coronavirus. The Wuhan doctors hypothesized that this may be due to long-term use of HC. They treated 20 Covid-19 patients with HC. Their result: “Clinical symptoms improve significantly in 1 to 2 days. After five days of chest CT examination, 19 cases showed significant absorption improvement.” '

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articl.....09827

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 8:28 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
There had been a death in KJ earlier this week. Epidemologically and anyhropologically speaking, KJ's population is also very young with just about 1,000 people over 65 according to Census data (which is less than 5% of the total population). It is also easier to lockdown KJ since everyone basically listens to a few individuals so if those say stay home, they stay home. Hashem should continue to watch over KJ as well as all of Klal Yisroel.

Unfortunately a large percentage of the ppl dieing are under 65. At least the ppl I’m hearing about. Maybe older ppl are being more careful. But young ppl are being so affected. It’s so sad.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:04 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Unfortunately a large percentage of the ppl dieing are under 65. At least the ppl I’m hearing about. Maybe older ppl are being more careful. But young ppl are being so affected. It’s so sad.

I'm in no way downplaying the virus. However, I think that's because those are what are sticking out as memorable because more tragic, but NYS released statistics 5 days ago and the overwhelming majority were over 65 and 98% of all (of all age groups) with an underlying health condition. Even if you go to YWN you'll see a list consisting mostly of very elderly indivudals. Younger indivudals still have a chance to be very ill and the fact that many are hospitalized, including those with underlying conditions, shows how many tens of thousands are infected.

Hede are some links about the statistics by age. Also keep in mind that many more people under 50 have thr virus but are not reported whereas elderly with the virus generally are more likely to be tested so the percentages for younger indivudals are actually even lower.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w.....3famp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w.....3famp

Italy also listed that 99% of their deaths occured in insicusals with one underlying health condition, 50% of which had three or more. The following were their top 10 underlying conditions (no particular order)
1. High blood pressure
2. Diabetes
3. Previous stroke
4. Cancer within 5 years
5. Liver disease
6. Kidney disease
7. Heart disease
8. A fib
9. Dementia
10. COPD

Again, this virus is very serious but even more so for those with an elderly population or one with underlying conditions so the older the population (like Spain and Italy) the harder hit and that applies to cities as well. This is why Florida and New Orleans need to be extremely vigilant, as well as nursing homes.

nelliesmellie

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:07 am
Watch Dr Rich Roberts youtube videos on this. He’s a medical doctor as well as a former owner of a pharmaceutical company that did research on some of these drugs. It’s VERY informative. I think he hasn’t gotten wide attention because you need to commit the time to watch the videos. Worth a look.

crust

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:09 am
nelliesmellie wrote:
Watch Dr Rich Roberts youtube videos on this. He’s a medical doctor as well as a former owner of a pharmaceutical company that did research on some of these drugs. It’s VERY informative. I think he hasn’t gotten wide attention because you need to commit the time to watch the videos. Worth a look.

Can you please summarize it?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:20 am
nelliesmellie wrote:

I watched the videos from Dr. Roberts. No substitute for watching it, but he basically says the evidence of hydroxychloroquine (sp?) treating corona virus is inconclusive...we don't know if those who took it would have been fine without it, many recover (like myself B"H!) without treatment. And it does not seem to be able to treat severe cases. He says he wishes he could say it works but....

I was just floored to see a letter yesterday in Lakewood's Voice asking that local doctors use this treatment, because (the letter said) there's nothing to lose.

I read the list of possible side effects, and they don't seem to be nothing to sneeze over. Mood changes, mental changes, in addition to headaches and stomach issues.

Not so minor. If it were proven to treat corona virus, the benefits might outweigh these, but just to give it to everyone....doesn't seem like such a small deal.

nelliesmellie

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:23 am
In addition he was saying that drugs such as these that have been used for almost 100 years, were never vetted long ago because they didn’t have the processes for testing etc and were just put through approvals now because they have been in use for so long.

nelliesmellie

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:28 am
Also the “mortality in kj” being lower because of this is ludicrous. Bh it’s lower in many places- KJ is not in NYC (ie Boro Park, Williamsburg, crown heights etc) where the epicenter of this virus is. We can’t make these calls without the training in epidemiology, statistics etc. everyone wants to hold onto a potential cure but randomly drawing conclusions like that is dangerous especially given the frame of mind that people are in right now

crust

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:29 am
Disclaimer;
I know that Dr. Zelenko is not giving it to everyone at all.

Of course its inconclusive.
Then again I know a few people that were scared by all these doctors and they did not take it. They are no longer with us.

I hope these doctors are okay with this.

I guess time will tell if the benefits outweighed the risks.

Last edited by crust on Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

nelliesmellie

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:32 am
That’s so sad Sad which is why medical doctors need to make the call in the moment- if a person really does have nothing to lose at that moment, maybe they will prescribe it as a last resort. The general public Trying to guess at statistics though is a danger

Chayalle

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:33 am
very well said nellie....all your posts here, clear and to the point.

crust

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:34 am
nelliesmellie wrote:
That’s so sad Sad which is why medical doctors need to make the call in the moment- if a person really does have nothing to lose at that moment, maybe they will prescribe it as a last resort. The general public Trying to guess at statistics though is a danger

The problem is that this medicine does not help as a last resort.

It doesn't heal the virus. It only protects the lungs. Once the lungs are hit hard ch"v its irreversible.

nelliesmellie

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:38 am
crust wrote:
The problem is that this medicine does not help as a last resort.

It doesn't heal the virus. It only protects the lungs. Once the lungs are hit hard ch"v its irreversible.

Thats good to know I was not aware of that. I’m sure there’s much that individuals don’t know about this- the doctors are having a hard time sorting though all the (sometimes contradictory) info. But they also have practical information that we don’t have- do again to address OPs original post, let’s not pretend to be statisticians

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:48 am
My husband has some underlining medical issues. He is sick with the virus. I am having friends calling me pushing me to call Zelenko for his treatment but all my husbands doctors are saying to not give Hydroxychloroquine because it would be dangerous for him.
Now he is in the hospital on Oxygen because he is having a hard time breathing.
I will never forgive myself if something happens to him and I will blame myself for not being more aggressive in preventing him getting worse and possibly trying Zelenko idea.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics