Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Kimpeturin meals
Previous  1  2

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 12:01 pm
Right after Pesach during a pandemic when people will be having difficulty restocking kitchens (many rabbis have given the go ahead for people who don't usually sell chometz to do so this year because of possible food shortages and difficulty with shopping), is simply not a year where you can organize this in advance. Nobody knows what will be 2 or 3 weeks from now, if they personally will be able to procure food, cook, and deliver it. Not to mention financial difficult straits people may be in now, even if they may be too embarrassed to share that info. Nobody knows if c"v they may be dealing with illness in their own family.
It's really not fair to put this on people now who may be very, very stressed by being asked to participate. And who may say yes now and end up not being able to do so. It's better for the expectant couple now to think on their own about what they will do and plan accordingly.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 2:06 pm
Eim Leah does meals I believe, but it’s usually the neighborhood that organizes it. As others have said, though, I wouldn’t ask in the current climate unless it’s an absolute necessity... I’m due iyh on Pesach and I’m prepared that I’ll be managing with much less help than usual this time.

sky

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 3:15 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Eim Leah does meals I believe, but it’s usually the neighborhood that organizes it. As others have said, though, I wouldn’t ask in the current climate unless it’s an absolute necessity... I’m due iyh on Pesach and I’m prepared that I’ll be managing with much less help than usual this time.

I know ppl who have done rim Leah meals as an additional week to neighbors and family.
While I’ve never used them myself and don’t like taking meals in general I realize that for some ppl it’s a necessity.
It shouldn’t be embarrassing to ask for help.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 3:53 pm
You really don't know what will be available after pesach this year. They may not be able to send as usual, especially if there are food shortages or lack of volunteers. Anythi g can happen or change in the next 2 weeks. You don't know what government directives will be put into place, either. So just in case expectant families should have a back up plan ready that does not rely on others.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 3:57 pm
sky wrote:
Can’t ppl answer the question without giving other advise.

What works for you may not work for others. Ppl aren’t idiots that they haven’t thought of these solutions.

Some ppl have difficult recoveries.
Some ppl have ppd - ppl with no families or friends nearby and a bad support network are more likely to get ppd.
Some ppl have difficult or special needs children
Some ppl have DHs who are absentee.
Some ppl can’t afford takeout.
Some ppl have DHs with disabilities that prevent them from driving.
Some ppl struggle with hidden illnesses.
Or a host of other difficulties.
Or no difficulties at all.

Now everyone can go and post how these too are all solvable...

Thanks for saying exactly what I was thinking. And much nicer than I was thinking too!

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 4:05 pm
sky wrote:
Can’t ppl answer the question without giving other advise.

What works for you may not work for others. Ppl aren’t idiots that they haven’t thought of these solutions.

Some ppl have difficult recoveries.
Some ppl have ppd - ppl with no families or friends nearby and a bad support network are more likely to get ppd.
Some ppl have difficult or special needs children
Some ppl have DHs who are absentee.
Some ppl can’t afford takeout.
Some ppl have DHs with disabilities that prevent them from driving.
Some ppl struggle with hidden illnesses.
Or a host of other difficulties.
Or no difficulties at all.

Now everyone can go and post how these too are all solvable...

Not trying to be difficult but the OP did NOT indicate there were any of these special issues involved. If there were, presumably people might have problem solved for those very specific situations.

All that can be presumed is that is a woman with a husband who - C/H - unless something goes wrong - is going to have a typical birth. There is a pandemic raging and will be raging when she gives birth and within those circumstances, people made suggestions based on making sure the family had nutritious food to eat - not that there would be a way to provide her with the ideal situation if there was no pandemic.

If OP comes back and refines the specific needs of the woman, I am sure people can troubleshoot other ideas.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 4:05 pm
And even with all those extenuating circumstances, outside help may just not be available this year. It doesn't mean it isn't needed. But if it may not be available, don't wait to figure things out. Start planning now.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 4:54 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Right after Pesach during a pandemic when people will be having difficulty restocking kitchens (many rabbis have given the go ahead for people who don't usually sell chometz to do so this year because of possible food shortages and difficulty with shopping), is simply not a year where you can organize this in advance. Nobody knows what will be 2 or 3 weeks from now, if they personally will be able to procure food, cook, and deliver it. Not to mention financial difficult straits people may be in now, even if they may be too embarrassed to share that info. Nobody knows if c"v they may be dealing with illness in their own family.
It's really not fair to put this on people now who may be very, very stressed by being asked to participate. And who may say yes now and end up not being able to do so. It's better for the expectant couple now to think on their own about what they will do and plan accordingly.

This. Unless the family with the new baby is not making it financially to be able to afford meals and a meal train is the dignified way to ask then this on no way should be even a question. Sorry OP, seems very tone deaf unless there are exceptional circumstances.

sky

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 5:41 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Not trying to be difficult but the OP did NOT indicate there were any of these special issues involved. If there were, presumably people might have problem solved for those very specific situations.

All that can be presumed is that is a woman with a husband who - C/H - unless something goes wrong - is going to have a typical birth. There is a pandemic raging and will be raging when she gives birth and within those circumstances, people made suggestions based on making sure the family had nutritious food to eat - not that there would be a way to provide her with the ideal situation if there was no pandemic.

If OP comes back and refines the specific needs of the woman, I am sure people can troubleshoot other ideas.

She doesn’t have. To. And who says she knows
She asked a question. Just answer it.

Let the Organization tell her no - not me. Maybe they want to help. Maybe ppl are donating as zechus. Why should I dissuade someone from getting help when they may need it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries