Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I’m desperate for a manicure and waxing?!!
1  2  Next

ladYdI

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:20 am
I’m used to doing this regularly and I’m going crazy. Tried doing my nails myself and tweezing but still feeling unkempt and don’t want to go into pesach like this!

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:21 am
You poor dear?

zaq

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:22 am
Who’s gonna see you?

tichellady

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:23 am
It is hard and I’m sorry! You are allowed to be upset

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:24 am
First world problems. But I'm so with you. There are some really easy manicure tips out there that look amazing. Also maybe really pamper yourself with a face mask and body scrub to feel better.

RuralIma

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:28 am
It really sucks to have everything disrupted. There's a lot of stress with not only the current health crisis, plus making Pesach. In the grand scheme of things this might not be a big deal to a lot of people but that doesn't make it suck any less. It feels nice to have a routine and to feel beautiful regardless of who sees you. Can you shave instead of wax? I know it's not as smooth of a solution but it's an option. Maybe there are some self-manicure tutorials online? Every time I've tried to do my nails they end up looking like a child did them so I don't have many tips but maybe if you were able to find a smaller brush it would be neat and even?

gamanit

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 9:29 am
https://smile.amazon.com/Wax-W.....=1-97 This aughta work. I never go for professional waxings since I prefer to do it in the privacy of my own home.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:16 am
Watch some youtube tutorials. My friend got some eyebrow tinting kit and dyed her brows. Wonder how it came out.

sky

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:21 am
flowerpower wrote:
Watch some youtube tutorials. My friend got some eyebrow tinting kit and dyed her brows. Wonder how it came out.
. And if it’s no good no one will know anyways.
Good time to expirement

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:24 am
My nail polish has not been done in years. I work in healthcare and can no longer be bothered.
My old trick was to do the nail polish very thick and at literally paint the sides of my fingers so that the nails would get good coverage and then after it dried, soaked my fingers in hot water and use thick hand cream like cedaphil or nutrogena in the blue tub, and it peels right off the skin.

Edited to remove the waxing/nair part.
Was thinking of legs.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:34 am
I just want to extend my heartfelt sympathy. I don't like manicures or waxing (in fact, I don't even shave, I like to keep things au natural) but I completely understand, because I too have my own set of creature comforts and simple joys and pleasures that have been taken away, and it's miserable.

And before anyone screams "first world problems" or "lucky you that don't have bugger problems", nope, I have those bigger problems too, such as dear relatives hospitilized with Covid-19, special needs child who's regressing, lost my job. But you know what? I'm going to keep crying about sports seasons being canceled and movies and shows that I was highly anticipating being postponed, because you know what? On top of the the real and serious problems going on, to then have such simple little joys being taken away compounds the misery. So I understand you, op. These are things that make you feel good, the same way that watching a baseball game make me feel good, and it's hard to be going through something major and not even have the littlest things to get you through it. I'm so sorry. Wishing you (and everyone) good health and sanity. Good Shabbos.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:35 am
Thank goodness I gave up going to a salon for manicure long ago. I do my nails myself or dh does them Can't Believe It
Use Essie twisted bottle top coat to make it look smooth and professional and to help it last.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 10:39 am
do your nails yourself. not a big deal.

Do NOT wax your eyebrows. A bad eyebrow job can take years to regrow. tweeze a bit and be comforted that wild eyebrows are all the rage. look at pics of models these days.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 11:23 am
Sorry couldn’t resist.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 11:27 am
I feel the same!! I bought a waxing machine on amazon it was a complete failure!!
Those saying no one will see you that’s not true I do it for myself! I want to look Yom Tov even if I’m quarantine.

gamanit

Post Fri, Apr 03 2020, 11:34 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
do your nails yourself. not a big deal.

Do NOT wax your eyebrows. A bad eyebrow job can take years to regrow. tweeze a bit and be comforted that wild eyebrows are all the rage. look at pics of models these days.

A bad wax job certainly doesn't take years to regrow but regardless it's not difficult to do it carefully. I use a q-tip to apply wax for my eyebrows making sure to leave them slightly thicker than the desired result. Tweeze to finish, one hair at a time.

DrMom

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:17 am
It's not so hard to put on nail polish. If you have trouble doing it yourself, is there someone else in your household (DH, DD) who can do it for you?

At worst, just remove all the polish for Pesach. What's wrong with natural nails?

Metukah

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 5:09 pm
OP I get you. I'm also desperate for a waxing and manicure.

I've got other, bigger, problems, but that doesn't mean I wanna be hairy.

Its not easy. Sigh.

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 9:36 pm
I started using an eyebrow razor. It's more convenient.

hodeez

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 9:45 pm
Use press on nails. I get kiss nails from Walmart and they look great, last a while, and don't ruin my nails
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics