Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Gnaivah of kosher supermarkets
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:38 pm
I said it. Stealing. Pure and simple.

My husband and I tested positive and were quarantined. Too sick to go out anyway. So the only way to get basics for Pesach was to order.

They substitute whatever they feel like, even if it’s not usable. The only thing my diabetic husband indulges in over Pesach is Diet Coke. The 8 bottles of sugar-full Pepsi you sent is worthless to us (and he said no substitution, so that excuse doesn’t work). And I don’t think anyone wants it after being in my kitchen.

But that’s not the worst, by far. Matzo. I ordered matzo. We use machine except at the seders. They sent me egg matzo. ITS NOT KASHER L’PESACH. Thank you. Thank you so much that we now don’t have enough matzo. (Thankfully, I ordered a couple of boxes from Amazon, which is more reliable than the kosher stores, so I have a couple of boxes.)

teachkids

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:40 pm
That’s crazy. Customer service can’t help at all? How can they send out non-pesachdik goods and expect that’s what you want?

justmarried:)

Did you try calling them?

singleagain

Did you call the store ...is it possible they got your order mixed up with someone else. The stores have been slammed and overworked. It could have been an honest mistake.

SuperWify

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:41 pm
Hey, I’m so sorry for you guys! Just understand stores are under tremendous pressure nowadays...

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:43 pm
“We can’t help you now. If you call us after Pesach, we’ll see if we can offer you a partial refund.”

SuperWify

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
“We can’t help you now. If you call us after Pesach, we’ll see if we can offer you a partial refund.”

Oh my!! Surprised

Are their any organizations in your town that help you?

causemommysaid

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:46 pm
I would file a dispute with my credit card. Let the grocery store fight it. You will probably win

tweety1

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:50 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
I would file a dispute with my credit card. Let the grocery store fight it. You will probably win

This! My hub has done this in the past once. Once we threatened that we will and bh didn't have to come to it.

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:53 pm
I'm sorry this happened to you. Been there, it's terrible. I'm a cancer patient and I found someone to go food shopping for me. But when I called the store to see how we can sort out payment, either by putting my credit card on file or running the card through their online system so they can make sure I pay, they refused to help. Said the card must be brought into the store and that they won't let me order online. It was horrible. We tried three other stores, same story. They make it impossible for someone to stay safe, especially if you are immunocompromised. We finally sorted it out but with no help from any of the stores in Brooklyn. They should be ashamed of themselves.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:54 pm
The kosher grocery I ordered from had an option which said you authorize them to make substitutions if an item you ordered is not available. Maybe you checked that off by accident?

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:54 pm
It's sounds like honest mistakes. Stores are short staffed ams maybe have inexperienced workers. The stores in my community stopped delivering.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 10:59 pm
Ignore it for now, enough stress now.
once quarantine is over, I would go down to the grocery and demand a full refund.
I would speak to every manager until I would get it.

When you show your face you can accomplish more

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 11:07 pm
I have also had many problems with my orders - I tried 3 different stores and had problems with each. The worst were the kosher for pesach items that I ordered but got not kosher for pesach versions including a bunch of fruit rolls ups that luckily my son noticed were kosher for pesach and NOT kosher for pesach mixed in together! Yes, there is a warning on the website to check your items when they arrive but there is no refund so I am stuck with these items I can't use! But thank G-d we caught the mistakes before it was too late.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 11:16 pm
I had a couple of mix ups, too. But overall I am so grateful for their service (and I know they are working like crazy, they are so much better stocked than regular grocery chains nearby) so the community will have what to eat for pesach, that I just let it go.
And they do have a disclaimer to check to make sure everything is klp. They are so overloaded with orders mistakes are bound to happen. I know many kosher stores in various cities have stopped all deliveries because they just couldn't keep up. So again, I'm thankful for the deliveries I was able to get.

happyone

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 11:23 pm
stores are short staffed and are using volunteers in assisting with orders.

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 11:56 pm
My son and dil, in quarantine, ordered their pessach food. There was a bunch of mistakes on receipt,some items were missing, some they got charged for but were not in the box.
My dil spent a long time getting thru to them on the phone and bh they came back and switched everything to make it right.
I think delivery guy came to their house 3 times,back and forth.
She was very nice on the phone with them didn't lose her calm and store was really nice about it too!
In Brooklyn!
Op, I don't think it's gneiva, imcompetence maybe...they're really trying their best, they're overwhelmed with orders right now!

mig100

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 11:56 pm
I had a good experience with foodland in brooklyn. They are in Kensington area. Pm me if you need their email

I emailed them a list they emailed me back with items they d idnt have and if I would like them to substitute. Their produce looks good.

I dont know their prices. I have no clue how Much it costed I couldn't find anyone else delivering. Any extra Amoi t it costed to do delivery I consider tzedakah. I did that for the greater good.

mig100

Post Sat, Apr 04 2020, 11:58 pm
causemommysaid wrote:

I would never do this without discussing first

That's why some stores stop taking credit card

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:59 am
singleagain wrote:
Did you call the store ...is it possible they got your order mixed up with someone else. The stores have been slammed and overworked. It could have been an honest mistake.

I had a similar problem but much worse! I ordered specific brand of items that were on sale and was substituted with non sale which were three times the price! $4.89 for apple juice? It was listed on sale for $1.99! I could’ve gotten grape juice for that price! Charged me different prices for the same exact products I bought a few of! Double the price of advertised items,

I’ve tried calling the store day after day, hit all the extensions offered (manager, order dept., etc) and no one answers on any! I think my only choice is to fight it with the credit card company in the hope that when the supermarket finds out the credit card co didn’t pay my bills they’ll be forced to call me, and then I can speak to them about all the mistakes!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics