Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Fed up from the virus!!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:02 am
So I've been having fever for a week already . This week I was taking ginger 3 times a day. Just when I think I'm feeling better comes the evening with the chills and fever and hot and cold . Should I go to a doctor or wait it out . Today was shabbos so I basically rested most of the day and felt better . Came motzie shabbos I started to clean up and get the kitchen ready to kasher and all of a sudden I'm in bed unable to do help dh . I feel so bad because he's also not feeling too great . Sorry for the rambling but I'm so fed up
Any advice on the nightly fever?

asmileaday

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:51 am
Tylenol. No doctor will even want to see you now. Unless you have a hard time breathing just stay home.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:53 am
The virus doesn't always cause what you would consider difficulty breathing. When it affects only the lungs' ability to absorb oxygen, you can feel like you're breathing fine.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:16 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
The virus doesn't always cause what you would consider difficulty breathing. When it affects only the lungs' ability to absorb oxygen, you can feel like you're breathing fine.

Some patients' lungs are affected but they don't have respiratory symptoms. They just feel very weak and exhausted because of their low oxygen levels. If you don't feel things are improving, call your doctor to get yourself checked out.

My family member experienced this. Felt utterly fatigued and exhausted for 10 days, but no other symptom. He finally went to the doctor, where the doctor put him on oxygen immediately because of his low O2 levels and took a chest Xray. The xray showed that both lungs were severely affected by the virus. B"H he seems to be doing better now after treatment.

Please everyone - take extra care and extra precautions with this virus. It truly is not something to be brushed aside.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:18 am
You can try to get hold of an oxygen monitor to check your numbers. Or have Hatzolah check it.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:27 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

So how do you know when it is a problem?
My husband was breathing fine but wasn’t and needed oxygen. So now I terrified I won’t know when to call someone.

Ora in town

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 6:22 am
I think you should take precautions to protect your surroundings...
and perhaps your family members should quarantine...

hotcocoa1234

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 6:30 am
asmileaday wrote:
Tylenol. No doctor will even want to see you now. Unless you have a hard time breathing just stay home.

Which is messed up because by the time it gets to that point, the person is automatically put on a ventilator and has a pretty big chance of not surviving.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 7:33 am
hotcocoa1234 wrote:
Which is messed up because by the time it gets to that point, the person is automatically put on a ventilator and has a pretty big chance of not surviving.

I know. Everything is messed up. It's crazy.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 7:38 am
Loads of vitamin C, garlic and onions. Garlic can be taken as a tablet. Onions are supposed to be breathed in. Don't hold onions with bare skin. People place it next to their mouth on the bed.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 7:51 am
I'm also fed up! Commiserating with you. I thought I was getting better but I'm still suffering. Headaches, fatigue no energy.. by a lot better then I was but still it's lingering on. Refuah sheleima to all.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 8:45 pm
Hi! Just wanted to update that after another night of fever I called my pediatrician ( he can also see adults) and I described to him what's going on. He prescribed for myself and dh azithromycin and bh so far I'm feeling much better .
Refuah shalima to all !

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 8:48 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Loads of vitamin C, garlic and onions. Garlic can be taken as a tablet. Onions are supposed to be breathed in. Don't hold onions with bare skin. People place it next to their mouth on the bed.

That helps with social distancing and nothing else.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 3:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi! Just wanted to update that after another night of fever I called my pediatrician ( he can also see adults) and I described to him what's going on. He prescribed for myself and dh azithromycin and bh so far I'm feeling much better .
Refuah shalima to all !

Oh good I'm happy for you. I need some of that too. Maybe I should ask my Dr. What is it normally prescribed for? I thought I was getting better too, last night I definitely had low grade fever. Chills & shaky Sad it's awful. I'm trying to make pesach ontop of it all.

banana123

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 3:53 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Oh good I'm happy for you. I need some of that too. Maybe I should ask my Dr. What is it normally prescribed for? I thought I was getting better too, last night I definitely had low grade fever. Chills & shaky Sad it's awful. I'm trying to make pesach ontop of it all.

It's an antibiotic. I think it's often used for pneumonia/ bronchitis but also for other things.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 9:04 am
banana123 wrote:
It's an antibiotic. I think it's often used for pneumonia/ bronchitis but also for other things.

Antibiotics can help you if you are developing a secondary bacterial infection (which is what usually kills people.)

The virus, on the other hand, will still have to run it's course. Something I found, is that it comes and goes in waves. You'll have a halfway good day, and then get slammed into bed for the next 3 days. Rinse, repeat. Every time you think you're getting better, a new symptom will pop up.

This is why you should wait a full 2 weeks at least after you feel "symptom free". It's sneaky that way. You absolutely MUST rest every chance you get. Force yourself to eat healthy meals, even if you're not hungry. Build up your strength as if you were post-partum.

Refuah Sheleimah!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:51 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Antibiotics can help you if you are developing a secondary bacterial infection (which is what usually kills people.)

The virus, on the other hand, will still have to run it's course. Something I found, is that it comes and goes in waves. You'll have a halfway good day, and then get slammed into bed for the next 3 days. Rinse, repeat. Every time you think you're getting better, a new symptom will pop up.

This is why you should wait a full 2 weeks at least after you feel "symptom free". It's sneaky that way. You absolutely MUST rest every chance you get. Force yourself to eat healthy meals, even if you're not hungry. Build up your strength as if you were post-partum.

Refuah Sheleimah!

Yes spot on how it's been for me. I thought I was getting better then bam ill again...how will I know if I need an antibiotic? I might try to contact my Dr tomorrow bc this is just awful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics