Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What can I take for a stuffed nose? I have coronavirus
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:39 am
I can’t breathe.. my sinuses aren’t working

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:47 am
Do NOT take anything like Sinufed, or anything that will dry out your sinuses. It will make things 100 times worse.

Take Mucinex, and stay as hydrated as possible. Make a big pot of tea, and refill your mug every chance you get. Hot showers help a lot, and so does a warm wet washcloth draped across your face.

If it's really bad, get some extra pillows and try to sleep sitting propped up with your head higher than usual.

If you have a humidifier, this is the time to use it. You can take a spare sheet, and make a steam tent to go over the bed, sofa, or lounge chair you hang out in.

You can also make a warm saline rinse, and put it in a squirt bottle. Use it to irrigate your sinuses. There are tutorials on YouTube, if you don't know how to do this properly.

I found that the sinus part passed fairly quickly, but the cough hung on for ages. Keep up with the hydration and Mucinex to loosen the phlegm in your lungs, too.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:48 am
Afrin nasal spray. 2 sprays in each nostril 2 max 3 times a day for 3 days (don't use long term). It will open you up.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:55 am
ra_mom wrote:
Afrin nasal spray. 2 sprays in each nostril 2 max 3 times a day for 3 days (don't use long term). It will open you up.

This. When you’re in a ton of pain it works!! Just want to add that you really need to be careful not to use it for more than 2 to 3 days or it can cause rebound congestion.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:58 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
This. When you’re in a ton of pain it works!! Just want to add that you really need to be careful not to use it for more than 2 to 3 days or it can cause rebound congestion.

I must have used it 10x today. It helps for a few minutes and then my sinuses seal up again.

SingALong

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:59 am
I took like 4-5 hot steam showers daily, worked wonders. I had relief during shower and for about an hour afterward

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:00 pm
My dr ok’d sudafed for me and it really helped me.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:11 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
My dr ok’d sudafed for me and it really helped me.

Sudafed when you have corona virus?

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Everyone should ask their own dr! I had corona and fever for over a week and a horrible clogged nose and cough etc etc etc- I asked him about Sudafed and mucinex and he said yes to both. I took 24 hour Sudafed because that’s what I’m used to taking and it made me feel like a human being.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:20 pm
I use this on the outside of the nose. I dab it with a tissue and apply outside of my nose every time I have a stuffedd nose and bad cold.

It helps with my headaches as well

Edens Garden Peppermint Essential Oil, 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade (Highest Quality Aromatherapy Oils- Digestion & Energy), 10 ml https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002.....8VAJE

tf

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:24 pm
Boil myrrh (besomim) in water and breathe in the vapor really strong through your nose with a closed mouth. Use a towel to wrap around your face and put of boiled myrrh so the vapor goes directly into your nose. Do it on and off according to how much you can tolerate.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:29 pm
humidifier

Rappel

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:33 pm
Try cutting an onion and sniffing it, holding it below your nostrils, or wiping the juice on your nostrils.

tf

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:46 pm
Rappel wrote:
Try cutting an onion and sniffing it, holding it below your nostrils, or wiping the juice on your nostrils.

But don't touch with your hands. Hold with a plastic because of the germs that the onion absorbs in itself.
Also, lots and LOTS of garlic, ginger and vitamin C.

Rappel

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:49 pm
tf wrote:
But don't touch with your hands. Hold with a plastic because of the germs that the onion absorbs in itself.

I don't know anything about that. What do you mean?

tf

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:52 pm
Rappel wrote:
I don't know anything about that. What do you mean?

The onion absorbs the virus germs. So if you touch the onion directly it can ch"v go right back.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Sudafed helped me a lot over the weekend. I have corona, and I had an insane pressure headache. The doctor also prescribed azythromicin and ibuprofen for the inflammation in my lungs. Between the 3 meds, I'm breathing better, and my headache and eye pain went down 95%. But whatever you take, ask your doctor first!

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:57 pm
Why would sudafed be a problem but municex and zyrtec not? Just rumors or based on something?

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:57 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Sudafed helped me a lot over the weekend. I have corona, and I had an insane pressure headache. The doctor also prescribed azythromicin and ibuprofen for the inflammation in my lungs. Between the 3 meds, I'm breathing better, and my headache and eye pain went down 95%. But whatever you take, ask your doctor first!

Yes. I got the z pack too and I’m feeling much better.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:06 pm
tf wrote:
Boil myrrh (besomim) in water and breathe in the vapor really strong through your nose with a closed mouth. Use a towel to wrap around your face and put of boiled myrrh so the vapor goes directly into your nose. Do it on and off according to how much you can tolerate.

As of last night I cannot smell besomim
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics