Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
PSA: If you were booked for air travel....

fortunate123

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 11:41 pm
Just letting you all know that an airline that cancels your flight must give you a REFUND (not a voucher or miles) if they cancel your flight. It’s the law. You can quote the following guidelines from the Department of Transportation website:
https://www.transportation.gov.....funds

If they still refuse, you can dispute the charge on your credit card (you can reference this law to your credit card company) and the airline will have to pay extra for the chargeback.

A healthy happy and safe Pesach to all.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 12:36 am
Not always. Read the whole thing.
Example: Non-refundable tickets - Passengers who purchase non-refundable tickets are generally not entitled to a refund unless the airline makes a promise to provide a refund.

fortunate123

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 1:13 am
No, you misunderstood. That only applies if the airline is not at fault (if you cancelled, not them). If they cancel your flight they are at fault and owe you a full refund regardless if it’s a non-refundable ticket or not.

twizzlers1

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:58 am
We had a tripped book with Ryanair that was non-refundable and they gave us back our full amount. I was actually very impressed I did not even need to contact them and within a few days we had the money back on our credit card. I know it's not always so easy but just letting you know my experience with a nonrefundable ticket.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics