Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Elderly mother food for pesach

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:05 pm
Doctor ruled that my mother has to be by herself for yomtov. Someone sent food, but it seems she's too weak to clean oven and stove properly. I think it's probably dangerous for me to go clean up for her, especially that some people in my house got sick. Unless there's a safe way to do this? Was thinking of buying a hot plate and send one over. Anyone know where I can have one delivered in Brooklyn preferably delivered because I don't live there. Any other ideas?

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Doctor ruled that my mother has to be by herself for yomtov. Someone sent food, but it seems she's too weak to clean oven and stove properly. I think it's probably dangerous for me to go clean up for her, especially that some people in my house got sick. Unless there's a safe way to do this? Was thinking of buying a hot plate and send one over. Anyone know where I can have one delivered in Brooklyn preferably delivered because I don't live there. Any other ideas?

What I’ve heard ppl have done is person who lives in home leaves house - sits on porch. Family members go in to clean. Wear gloves and mask. After they leave family member goes back In.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:17 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
What I’ve heard ppl have done is person who lives in home leaves house - sits on porch. Family members go in to clean. Wear gloves and mask. After they leave family member goes back In.

That's an idea. But I'm a little nervous as I've had some mild symptoms.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's an idea. But I'm a little nervous as I've had some mild symptoms.

Then your right for not doing it. The ppl I know going recovered over a week (although I still wonder if it’s risky - one older neighbor of mine was told to let no one in the house at all)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 5:21 pm
Ask a rav, there might be a heter for her to do something very simple (Like just run the oven on hot, no scrubbing) given the circumstances.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics