Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Aveira to schedule work post on yom tov???

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 6:53 pm
I try to call the halacha hotline, but right now I cant get through.

I wanted to know if anyone had this situation before.

I am teaching over pesach and need to post work online.
I am obviously TAKING OFF THURS FRI and NEXT WED THURS, but
I am expected to post work.

I can schedule it now to post on yomtov, but I'm wondering if it is prohibited.

Usually when I take off, I leave work in the building which the students do on yom tov, so is this different?
Here, I would be leaving work, but have it posted on yom tov.

I'm thinking this is similar to leaving a crock pot or ac on as we schedule it to go on/off before yom tov but it is going on/off on yom tov?????

Anyone has experience with this???

Hillery

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:14 pm
Obviously I'm no dayan, but I don't think it's a problem. It should be no different than using a Shabbos timer. But AYLOR.

seeker

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:09 am
Can you avoid the issue by posting it now with instructions to do it on Thursday and Friday?

miami85

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 1:06 am
As long as you don't have possibly Jewish students for whom it might be maaris ayin, its probably no different if you were to put something in the mail and have it arrive on yom tov. If you might have such students, then maybe put a disclaimer saying "this was put up on x date, I am not available for questions until Sunday's date"

cnc

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 1:13 am
miami85 wrote:
As long as you don't have possibly Jewish students for whom it might be maaris ayin, its probably no different if you were to put something in the mail and have it arrive on yom tov. If you might have such students, then maybe put a disclaimer saying "this was put up on x date, I am not available for questions until Sunday's date"

Putting something in the mail to arrive on Shabbos or YT, actually has several halachic concerns.

OP- you can post the things before YT begins ?
If not I would suggest reaching out to your LOR.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions