Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Scared

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:27 pm
I have baseline anxiety but it has been pretty controlled. Went to mikvah recently that followed precautions, I went in first etc. Now I am reading on here that people are not going because it's a risk. So scared I made a bad decision. Feel a little scratch in my throat and so scared. Help me calm down!

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have baseline anxiety but it has been pretty controlled. Went to mikvah recently that followed precautions, I went in first etc. Now I am reading on here that people are not going because it's a risk. So scared I made a bad decision. Feel a little scratch in my throat and so scared. Help me calm down!

You'll be fine. Don't think about it.

paintbrush

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 8:39 pm
That’s so hard. I’m also very scared of what’s going on and am always second guessing my decisions. I am scared to let my husband go to the grocery with gloves and a mask with a limited number of people. I totally understand you. But you did not make a bad decision. You followed all the precautions for going to the Mikvah. You did everything you could to protect yourself; you did nothing wrong. Everything else is in Hashem’s hands. You did what you can control, and now you have to relax and let Hashem take care of the rest!
A sore throat is not necessarily a cause for concert, however you should stay indoors until it goes away. That’s up to you, everything g else is not in your hands.

FancyPansy

Post Mon, Apr 06 2020, 9:56 pm
I have an auto immune issue and I live with my 84 year old mother. I am super careful in every detail. We have not left the house in about 2 or 3 weeks, except to walk for exercise.

I changed my doctors' appointments to telemedicine, had the prescriptions and the groceries delivered, I clean every package in the garage before I let it in the house, etc. (I've been cleaning the grocery packages for years.)

A few days ago, I was sitting on the porch, the Amazon delivery man came to bring a package and when he put it on the ground, got too close to me. You can imagine how scared I have been since then. Scared for me and scared to give my mother something.
I have been checking my temperature every day, allergies, don't help because they make me cough and give me a scratchy throat, but I am okay, Baruch Hashem, and I doubt that I caught anything from the guy.

This is very scary, and it's real, I don't think anyone can over do the careful thing. However, we can be as careful as possible, cover every detail, and still one little thing can ruin everything.
The thing I am trying to say, is we do all that we can do, for us and for everyone else we come into contact with. The rest is up to Hashem, most blessed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics