Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
When the Lubavitcher rebbe self quarantined for seder

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:04 am
I thought this was so inspiring.

https://www.algemeiner.com/202.....eder/

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:08 am
Big difference between a solo Seder and a solo 3 day isolated period where a person literally may not be able to exchange even a greeting with another human and has no distractions at all. You cannot compare and I keep seeing this same article posted all over Jewish sites, mostly by people who are not self isolating completely alone. I am so tired of that. Unless the speaker himself has personally experienced that sort of loneliness he really shouldn't be preaching about it to those who are already dreading it.

agreer

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:24 am
Why is this called quarantine?

He CHOSE to have the seder alone.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 9:45 am
I think that those who will be inspired will be, and those who won't, won't. Kind of like Welcome to Holland.
I read it recently for the first time, on another thread here.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 9:51 am
I think people who will be inspired have no concept of the absolute loneliness some people are facing in just a couple of days. And aren't facing it themselves. And if they aren't, they shouldn't take it upon themselves to try to "inspire" someone who is.
Especially since this anecdote isn't comparable at all.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:47 am
It's not about a solo seder. It's about 3 days in complete isolation. Solitary confinement if you will. It has nothing to do with a rebbe who choose to do the seder himself, but was a part of his congregation before and during the rest of Yom Tov. Not comparable. I think many people don't have a real concept of what some others are facing this Pesach.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:21 pm
my 91 year old father with cancer will be alone today he has chemo he is so weak

amother
Green

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:36 pm
There's also a difference between doing a seder alone after your wife died and involuntary confinement out of fear of a dreaded disease. The two situations aren't analogous at all and calling the Rebbe's seder a "quarantine" misstates and trivializes what we are all facing.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:36 pm
Hugs. Jet black. So tough for him, but for you, too. I'm sure you will be thinking about him constantly, and worrying that he is ok.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics