Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Easy vegetable recipes

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 9:05 am
Any good, easy vegetable recipes? ( except for potatoes)

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:36 am
Slice colored peppers, zucchini (green and yellow), red onion, mushrooms. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Roast covered at 450 for 20 min then uncovered for 20 min.

Butternut squash: use frozen cubes. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, brown sugar, a tiny bit of cayenne pepper. Roast at 350 for 40-50 min

Acorn squash: cut in half, then cut into large wedges. Drizzle with olive oil, a dash of cinnamon and a dash of brown sugar. Roast at 350 for an hour.

Tomatoes: halve cherry tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, basil. Roast at 350 for an hour

mig100

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:40 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Slice colored peppers, zucchini (green and yellow), red onion, mushrooms. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Roast covered at 450 for 20 min then uncovered for 20 min.

Butternut squash: use frozen cubes. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, brown sugar, a tiny bit of cayenne pepper. Roast at 350 for 40-50 min

Acorn squash: cut in half, then cut into large wedges. Drizzle with olive oil, a dash of cinnamon and a dash of brown sugar. Roast at 350 for an hour.

Tomatoes: halve cherry tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, basil. Roast at 350 for an hour

Thanks this is great. I added to my recipe box

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:23 am
mig100 wrote:
Thanks this is great. I added to my recipe box

my pleasure!

Chayalle

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:17 pm
Frozen package of cauliflower (or brocolli, if no one in your household is allergic to it like in mine). Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Bake till it starts to look crispy. (I never paid attention how long. Probably 20-30 minutes).

bsy

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 12:43 pm
Frozen broccoli with a dollop of mayo, salt pepper. Dont have to mix. Cover and bake until soft. Mix right before serving. It becomes a mush that tastes really really good

geemum

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 1:48 pm
Red cabbage sliced (or a bag)
4-6 granny Smith apples Peeled chopped (or frozen or tinned)
Salt
Pepper
Splash white vinegar
Splash of oil
Handful or two brown sugar
Water to almost cover
Leave to cook for approx 1 hour until soft

Sliced carrots
Oil
Bit of water
Salt
Pinch of White Pepper
Sugar and / or honey

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 2:13 pm
Beet Salad
Roasted eggplants and mushrooms
Baked sweet potato slices/cubes with oil

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 4:04 pm
I roast lots of veggies and just change up the seasoning a bit. So simple and delicious!

rikkabella

Post Tue, Apr 07 2020, 5:26 pm
I roast frozen cauliflower with oil, salt, paprika and pepper on 350 for an hour. I also roast the frozen broccoli and Brussel sprouts that way-- I just skip the paprika. I usually stick it into the oven when I lower the temperature on the oven for the second hour of the potato kugel.

Alternatively, I slice root veggies like carrots and parsnips like French fries. Spray with oil, salt, and whatever other spices you like. Roast at 350 for about an hour on a baking sheet. Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics