Home

GG mix-up Lakewood. Anyone order 10 milks, 4 lettuce etc?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Apr 07 2020, 9:55 pm
We’re all in quarantine here due to a high risk pregnancy. I’ve been relying on deliveries for shopping only.
I put in an entire order to Gourmet Glatt Lakewood, and they were so helpful making sure I get everything I needed. However, I received someone else’s order and nothing of mine! $265 dollars down the drain.
I’ve been trying to call ever since.
Anyone ever had such a situation?
Back to top

flmommy




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:20 pm
Keep calling, that’s crazy!! I hope it works out. It must.
Back to top

amother




Sapphire
 

Post  Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:21 pm
Oh yes! We have coronavirus and relying on orders and there are constant mix ups. Often they’ll send me a chometz substitution. Not gg necessarily but we’ve been dealing with a few groceries.
In a time like this we just have to swallow the loss . Today my dh who is slowly recuperating put on a mask and gloves and went to the grocery since stores closed their websites and phones. They simply can’t keep up.
Back to top

out-of-towner




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:23 pm
Check the receipt to see if there's a phone number connected to the person whose order you got's account. It's happened to me before and I called the person and they picked it up. Maybe they got your order by mistake?
Back to top

amother




Ruby
 

Post  Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:25 pm
We once had a mixup and they came to pick up, but this was in the summer. Things are a lot crazier now of course..
Back to top

allthingsblue




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:27 pm
In normal times I call and press the extension for "orders" and they call their delivery guy and solve the problem. Nowadays they're so hectic so I'm not sure they'd answer! But email them orders@gourmetglattlakewood.com and let them know what happened. Eventually they will respond and refund. Not sure how you can get the correct groceries though Sad
Back to top

amother




Denim
 

Post  Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:27 pm
Please post what was in your order. Maybe it's mine!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Apr 07 2020, 10:30 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Please post what was in your order. Maybe it's mine!


There was a number that was out of service.
I got 10 bottles of milk, a large corned beef, 4 large bags lettuce, a case seltzer, Binah, to name a few....
Back to top

penguin




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:09 pm
Okay now change your original post title to say something like "GG order Corned Beef, Lettuce, Yours?" & hopefully that person is on here! And has yours!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:12 pm
penguin wrote:
Okay now change your original post title to say something like "GG order Corned Beef, Lettuce, Yours?" & hopefully that person is on here! And has yours!


Thanks! Done 😀
Back to top

amother




Lavender
 

Post  Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:14 pm
This once happened to me same store it went to my old address but it had my name on it r there any labels on any of the boxes with someone else’s name and number?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:17 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
This once happened to me same store it went to my old address but it had my name on it r there any labels on any of the boxes with someone else’s name and number?


The strange thing is that it had my name and address, but another number that’s not in service. But they have my number since they called me while putting together my order!
Part of life’s stresses lol
Back to top

amother




Lime
 

Post  Tue, Apr 07 2020, 11:24 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Oh yes! We have coronavirus and relying on orders and there are constant mix ups. Often they’ll send me a chometz substitution. Not gg necessarily but we’ve been dealing with a few groceries.
In a time like this we just have to swallow the loss . Today my dh who is slowly recuperating put on a mask and gloves and went to the grocery since stores closed their websites and phones. They simply can’t keep up.


Please use a chesed organization or ask someone you know to shop for you. It's sakanas nefashos to go out while contagious.
Back to top

amother




Powderblue
 

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 12:44 am
1- ask Lakewood scoop to post it for u.
2- Call the number that called you while doing your order- (someone called me from their personal cell mayb they did that by you as well) and mayb they could help you in reaching the store
Back to top

amother




Emerald
 

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:24 am
Please tell us what’s going on with this mixed up order??
Back to top

groisamomma




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:32 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Oh yes! We have coronavirus and relying on orders and there are constant mix ups. Often they’ll send me a chometz substitution. Not gg necessarily but we’ve been dealing with a few groceries.
In a time like this we just have to swallow the loss . Today my dh who is slowly recuperating put on a mask and gloves and went to the grocery since stores closed their websites and phones. They simply can’t keep up.


If someone catches corona from him it's shfichas damim, even if you don't know for sure. It's b'meizid, not b'shogeig because he chose to take the risk. No amount of groceries is worth the risk of killing someone.
Back to top

amother




Turquoise
 

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:43 am
groisamomma wrote:
If someone catches corona from him it's shfichas damim, even if you don't know for sure. It's b'meizid, not b'shogeig because he chose to take the risk. No amount of groceries is worth the risk of killing someone.

I agree with you. But the community should have rallied to find a solution for those who can't leave their homes. Should they starve??
Back to top

groisamomma




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:03 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I agree with you. But the community should have rallied to find a solution for those who can't leave their homes. Should they starve??


What are you talking about?? Where are you living, under a rock? In Lakewood there are hundreds of volunteers working at all hours to shop for people that can't leave their homes due to COVID.

(This is in addition to the people that run errands if you want to pay per hour).
Back to top

amother




Aquamarine
 

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:12 pm
Baltimore also has organized volunteers to shop for those who can't. Contact information is posted online as well as on the front doors of the main kosher grocery.
I'm sure other communities have, as well.
No reason anyone should worry about starving even if you don't get everything on your list. Yes there will be mix ups, or sold out items, or substitutions. You may not be able to make all your regular favorite pesach recipes. But nobody will starve. This is not ch"v Pesach during the holocaust. Thank G-d, no real food shortages. (I know eggs are a concern in Israel.)
Back to top

amother




Sapphire
 

Post  Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:58 pm
groisamomma wrote:
What are you talking about?? Where are you living, under a rock? In Lakewood there are hundreds of volunteers working at all hours to shop for people that can't leave their homes due to COVID.

(This is in addition to the people that run errands if you want to pay per hour).


Maybe I’m too sick to follow the news properly but who was willing to shop for us this past week? I honestly didn’t see any offers. We are going into yomtov without some things that we really wanted because I am too sick and dh only made one trip.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Anyone with updates on camps?
by amother
31 Today at 8:07 pm View last post
Which Store(s) in Lakewood sells These Pretty Hair Ties? 3 Today at 7:56 pm View last post
Anyone have info about the lunch pick-ups?
by amother
577 Today at 7:21 pm View last post
Bakeries in Lakewood
by amother
2 Today at 3:57 pm View last post
Does anyone want most of my lunch boxes?
by amother
16 Today at 3:16 pm View last post

Jump to: