Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Am I the only one excited for three quiet days?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:51 am
I’m looking forward to doing almost nothing for three days. Reading, playing w the kids, sitting around. Sleeping late, laid back meals. Sounds like a dream!

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 1:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m looking forward to doing almost nothing for three days. Reading, playing w the kids, sitting around. Sleeping late, laid back meals. Sounds like a dream!

I am!! I have books and I usually enjoy the quiet except I miss the shower and toothbrush. Wink

The only thing is that my mother is on a vent in the hospital. Not exactly 3 relaxing days...

RuralIma

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:05 am
Yes! I'm looking forward to it as well!

amother
White

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:28 am
You must not have little kids. I wish I could sleep late.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:28 am
So excited!!!!
Even though our plans got cancelled and I am making Pesach for the first time (lots of cream cheese and matza sandwiches), I could not be happier.

(I will acknowledge that I am biased as I am comparing spending time with my family in the safety of my home as opposed to the day in the hospital, covered in PPE, scared I am going to pick up the virus and bring it home to my family.)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:29 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I am!! I have books and I usually enjoy the quiet except I miss the shower and toothbrush. Wink

The only thing is that my mother is on a vent in the hospital. Not exactly 3 relaxing days...

Wishing your mom a Refuah Shelemah

tante_feige

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 2:43 am
Refuah shleima

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 7:56 am
Your kids must be older.
My little kinderlach will be up at 6:30 despite the late Seder, playing noisily until they go to sleep at night. No sleeping late or quiet time for me! Boruch Hashem Smile

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 8:25 am
Big THANK YOU to OP for making me somewhat excited for Yom Tov...all I was thinking is how we'll go crazy being home together for even longer, but you kind of put a really nice spin on it Smile excited now to go into Yom tov, and a 3 day cleanse of news (and TV) is going to be perfect.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 9:36 am
Not me!!! How am I going to entertain my babies with no electronics and no driving?!?!?!
No sleeping late. No sleeping, period.
Bh for cute kids.
I'm excited to finally see and talk to my husband. Hes been busy 18 hrs a day

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 9:38 am
I’m happy for three days without whatsapp and Instagram and constant news flashes.

I am dreading 3 days locked in trying to entertain my wild kids with no movies or TV or anything for 5 minute break.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 9:40 am
My little ones wake up early every day so no sleeping in ,but yes! I am looking forward to no more full days of cleaning and organizing non stop on my feet while also keeping the kids entertained and chasing after my very active toddler non stop. Still will be doing some cooking and light clean up, but I am anticipating it being more calm at least than the last few days!

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 10:09 am
Can't wait! As my kids are not used to electronics they know how to keep busy with endless practices of shows or playing shabbos table or clicks and kapla. My son can build keh weddings with a combination of kapla,lego,clicks and lots of mentchies. Then they play with it for hours bh.

tryinghard

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 10:14 am
Yes! Three days with no WhatsApp and constant (mostly bad or nerve-wracking) news!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 10:16 am
I wasn’t even thinking about 3 days with no phones, but that’s another thing to look forward to! I’ve been glued to my phone these past few weeks. And I’m thrilled my kids get a break from all this screen time! It’s been too much!

tichellady

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 10:39 am
There are parts I’m excited for and parts I’m not excited for

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 10:42 am
It’s definitely not going to be quiet but I’m looking forward to reading the new book written by Kiwi13 that I bought as a treat for myself.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 10:45 am
Yes.
But I wish I could stay in. I have to mask up and walk a mile each way early morning every day to visit my sick parent to check up and bring food.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 11:00 am
thunderstorm wrote:
It’s definitely not going to be quiet but I’m looking forward to reading the new book written by Kiwi13 that I bought as a treat for myself.

It's beautiful. You'll love it.
I was also supposed to save it for Yom tov reading but I couldn't help myself:)

mha3484

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 11:07 am
ME ME! No work for me, no school work for the kids, no feeling pressured to be on a schedule and no news or social media. I need it badly.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics