Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anecdotal evidence
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

crust

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:08 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
In my circles, Half of us had carona. Of that half, half had mild cases and the other half had tougher cases. None of us had measles

Which half are you from?
It makes me think you're not from a circle but from a half a circle.

crust

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm glad you all found it funny although I was asking a serious question. Obviously this isn't a study - I titled my thread with what this is, anecdotal evidence. Besides this doesn't mean that those who didn't have measles didn't have mild. I wonder why so many of you jumped to that conclusion. My observation was that whoever had measles had mild symptoms like loss of taste, headache etc. while many others have fever for many days, bad cough, weakness, etc. There aren't enough measled adults out there for me to say anything definite, and obviously this could be totally coincidental because many non-measled people have mild symptoms too.

I'll tell you why.

Because you said in your circles where many adults had measles last year.
A circle of adults that had measles last year? An entire circle of that?

That's what made me think it's a joke.

I'm sorry for my lack of proper judgment.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm glad you all found it funny although I was asking a serious question. Obviously this isn't a study - I titled my thread with what this is, anecdotal evidence. Besides this doesn't mean that those who didn't have measles didn't have mild. I wonder why so many of you jumped to that conclusion. My observation was that whoever had measles had mild symptoms like loss of taste, headache etc. while many others have fever for many days, bad cough, weakness, etc. There aren't enough measled adults out there for me to say anything definite, and obviously this could be totally coincidental because many non-measled people have mild symptoms too.

bolded is the most relevant.

its not likely that anyone here is going to jump onto your observation and do a proper study of it.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:14 pm
What’s an appendix made for? What’s in a spleen? I guess they were created to give us diversion from carona talk. Indeed. I’m finding that I’m even enjoying measles talk these days. Anything but.

Both are parts of the lymphatic/ immune system.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:17 pm
My guess is that the people who’s immune system can fight off measles are also the ones who have an immune system that can fight off corona well. Anyone at risk made sure not to catch the measles and are now struggling as well. Correlation does not imply causation

crust

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:19 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
My guess is that the people who’s immune system can fight off measles are also the ones who have an immune system that can fight off corona well. Anyone at risk made sure not to catch the measles and are now struggling as well. Correlation does not imply causation

No.
People can fight measles and not Corona.
It's not the same thing at all.
One hits the respiratory system and one does not.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:24 pm
crust wrote:
I'll tell you why.

Because you said in your circles where many adults had measles last year.
A circle of adults that had measles last year? An entire circle of that?

That's what made me think it's a joke.

I'm sorry for my lack of proper judgment.

I still don't understand why that makes it sound like a joke. I am surrounded by people who aren't vaccinated and don't vaccinate, so yes most of them had measles. Some never caught it and now had corona very hard.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:25 pm
crust wrote:
No.
People can fight measles and not Corona.
It's not the same thing at all.
One hits the respiratory system and one does not.

Measles also has respiratory symptoms and complications.

giselle

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:26 pm
crust wrote:
Which half are you from?
It makes me think you're not from a circle but from a half a circle.

Omg crust Laugh

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
bolded is the most relevant.

its not likely that anyone here is going to jump onto your observation and do a proper study of it.

I know nobody will study it, and even if they did, so what? It's not like it's a worthy trade-off. It's just interesting if it is at all related.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know nobody will study it, and even if they did, so what? It's not like it's a worthy trade-off. It's just interesting if it is at all related.

I'm with you. I'm just saying your OP you 'wondered if there was anything to it' - and I'm saying - your not going to find your answer here.

(if there is a correlation between recently surviving measles and having a mild reaction to the covid-19.. and the reason is because of the antibodies produces by the measles exposure.. that information could be helpful for vaccination production).

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:42 pm
crust wrote:
Any anecdotes about patients that had their appendix removed?

Appendix is supposed to protect you from pandemics. Or so the legend goes.

It didn’t protect me. My son that had his appendix out had it the first. I had my appendix out and I got it second and my husband who also had his appendix out also got it.

crust

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:43 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
It didn’t protect me. My son that had his appendix out had it the first. I had my appendix out and I got it second and my husband who also had his appendix out also got it.

I hope you know I was making a joke but what I was saying was just the opposite- appendix is supposed to save you from pandemics.

I'm not sure this is true.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:51 pm
crust wrote:
I hope you know I was making a joke but what I was saying was just the opposite- appendix is supposed to save you from pandemics.

I'm not sure this is true.

1. I didn’t realize you were joking
2. Oh!!!!

...yeh. I’m tired. Can’t think straight.

crust

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 4:52 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
1. I didn’t realize you were joking
2. Oh!!!!

...yeh. I’m tired. Can’t think straight.

Yea I believe you!!

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 6:28 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Both are parts of the lymphatic/ immune system.

Nooooo.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 6:30 pm
giselle wrote:
Omg crust Laugh

Yes... crust - omg. Are you ok? I’m worried. Say something. If you’re feeling confused: Please don’t put your appendix on the kaareh instead of your zroah.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 6:34 pm
Getting measles has actually been shown to cause something called immune amnesia. It's almost like your immune system gets reset. Your passive immunity disappears and takes at least 6 months or longer to return. Getting measles actually lowers your immune response to other types of viruses.

This coronavirus pandemic is giving us a front row seat to what life would be like without any vaccines. We would all constantly be in and out of quarantine fighting all the illnesses we currently have vaccines for. Gd willing, we will develop a vaccine for COVID 19 too. Israeli scientists are on the case as we speak!

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 6:34 pm
And by the way crust, I would categorize myself as an isosceles triangle rather than a half circle though after pesach I may be in a different category of the pendulum

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Apr 08 2020, 6:39 pm
Nooooo.

Why do you say no? Both have jobs in helping white blood cells mature. Do you have other information? I would love to learn more because I’ve been teaching it that way based on our textbook for years.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics