Home

Someone owes the Chinese people an apology
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


FranticFrummie




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Apr 09 2020, 1:32 pm
From the NY Times Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:10 PM EST

The virus came to the New York area mainly from Europe, not Asia, genetic analysis shows, arriving weeks before the first confirmed case.

“The majority is clearly European,” said Harm van Bakel, a geneticist at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, who co-wrote a study awaiting peer review.

A separate team at N.Y.U. Grossman School of Medicine came to strikingly similar conclusions, despite studying a different group of cases.
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Apr 09 2020, 1:35 pm
Right, because there was already a travel ban in place for flights from China.

But the virus originated in China.

And nobody is faulting the avg Chinese citizen for anything. It's the Chinese govt which is at fault for mishandling and misreporting.
Back to top

etky




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Apr 09 2020, 2:18 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
From the NY Times Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:10 PM EST

[b]The virus came to the New York area mainly from Europe, not Asia,[/b] genetic analysis shows, arriving weeks before the first confirmed case.

“The majority is clearly European,” said Harm van Bakel, a geneticist at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, who co-wrote a study awaiting peer review.

A separate team at N.Y.U. Grossman School of Medicine came to strikingly similar conclusions, despite studying a different group of cases.


Same here - from Italy and France at first, and then from other European destinations.
Too bad they didn't legislate the order for travelers arriving from these destinations to self-quarantine earlier than they did.
Instead there was a preoccupation with Asia which was justified at the time of course.
Back to top

amother




Puce
 

Post  Thu, Apr 09 2020, 3:19 pm
etky wrote:
Same here - from Italy and France at first, and then from other European destinations.
Too bad they didn't legislate the order for travelers arriving from these destinations to self-quarantine earlier than they did.
Instead there was a preoccupation with Asia which was justified at the time of course.
most of the world thought Israel was exaggerating. Countries were angry Israel was didn't let people come. I think that's why Israel was very cautious in the beginning with quarantining everyone. The citizens couldn't accept it and tourist saw it almost like a punishment
Back to top

slushiemom




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Apr 09 2020, 3:53 pm
Actually, China owes the world an apology...
Back to top

amother




Indigo
 

Post  Sat, Apr 11 2020, 1:33 pm
Frantic, you’re posting misinformation. Seriously, you’re actually implying this virus is from Europe? Can't Believe It
The virus originated in China. That’s an undisputed fact. Unfortunately due to the coverup by the Chinese government, countries around the world did not realize the urgency in which they needed to act as far as closing their borders. And so it traveled from China around the globe. No one blames the innocent chinese people. They are victims of their dictatorial government. China owes its citizens and everyone world wide an apology.
Back to top

Brownies




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Apr 11 2020, 4:55 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
From the NY Times Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:10 PM EST

The virus came to the New York area mainly from Europe, not Asia, genetic analysis shows, arriving weeks before the first confirmed case.

“The majority is clearly European,” said Harm van Bakel, a geneticist at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, who co-wrote a study awaiting peer review.

A separate team at N.Y.U. Grossman School of Medicine came to strikingly similar conclusions, despite studying a different group of cases.


How do you think it got to Europe? I really don’t get your point.
Back to top

Metukah




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Apr 11 2020, 5:19 pm
slushiemom wrote:
Actually, China owes the world an apology...


Absolutely.
Back to top

abound




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Apr 11 2020, 5:47 pm
like an apology will do mean anything.......there is no way to apologize or repent for this.....
Back to top

amother




Linen
 

Post  Sat, Apr 11 2020, 8:51 pm
Trump put the ban on flights from China on January 31. Prior to that ban, during the month of January there were more than 1300 hundred flights originating from China to 17 different U.S. airports. Yes, this is the Chinese governments fault.
Not to mention as others have pointed out, flights leaving from China were going all over the world for several weeks after China was aware of the problem. Those flights infected literally half the globe.
Back to top

lilies




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Apr 11 2020, 9:21 pm
Is nobody reading John Loftus in the Ami?
Back to top

amother




Beige
 

Post  Sat, Apr 11 2020, 9:43 pm
lilies wrote:
Is nobody reading John Loftus in the Ami?

I did. I can't decide if I should believe him.
Back to top

amother




Green
 

Post  Sat, Apr 11 2020, 9:44 pm
slushiemom wrote:
Actually, China owes the world an apology...


YES!
Back to top

amother




Wine
 

Post  Sat, Apr 11 2020, 10:35 pm
Nothing about this virus is an undisputed fact.
let me share something. In December, I was sick. I thought it was a terrible flu, and it probably was. BUT I never ever experienced a flu like that in my life. I was also together with extended family 2 weeks before that and at least 10 out of 100 was sick. Now I still think it was the flu. but I googled "could I have had coronavirus in December" and this came up. (and other articles from Italy etc.)

https://www.usatoday.com/story.....7001/

Just saying, theres so much they don't know about this virus.
Back to top

amother




Honeydew
 

Post  Sat, Apr 11 2020, 10:38 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Nothing about this virus is an undisputed fact.
let me share something. In December, I was sick. I thought it was a terrible flu, and it probably was. BUT I never ever experienced a flu like that in my life. I was also together with extended family 2 weeks before that and at least 10 out of 100 was sick. Now I still think it was the flu. but I googled "could I have had coronavirus in December" and this came up. (and other articles from Italy etc.)

https://www.usatoday.com/story.....7001/

Just saying, theres so much they don't know about this virus.


The article says it's unlikely. Next.
Back to top

amother




Wine
 

Post  Sat, Apr 11 2020, 10:46 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
The article says it's unlikely. Next.

again, point is, they still say that there need further testing . Tehre was another article coming out of Italy that they seem to think so. when they say things so definitely when they're speaking out of their a** I take an unlikely as a possibility.

Next.
Back to top

amother




Linen
 

Post  Sat, Apr 11 2020, 10:46 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Nothing about this virus is an undisputed fact.
let me share something. In December, I was sick. I thought it was a terrible flu, and it probably was. BUT I never ever experienced a flu like that in my life. I was also together with extended family 2 weeks before that and at least 10 out of 100 was sick. Now I still think it was the flu. but I googled "could I have had coronavirus in December" and this came up. (and other articles from Italy etc.)

https://www.usatoday.com/story.....7001/

Just saying, theres so much they don't know about this virus.




This has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

The discussion is whether China is in large part responsible for what has happened to the world. The indisputable answer is YES. The reason is simple. When they already knew about the dangers of this virus, in terms of how easily it spreads and how deadly it is, they continued to do the following:

1. Lie about the spread and dangers of the virus. They are undoubtedly still doing that to this very day. In country of 1.2 billion people, the claim to have 80,000 total cases and around 3300 deaths. These numbers are comically low. The UK said recently that they believe China's numbers are up to 40 times higher than what they claim to be.

2. Because they were pretending there was no meaningful problem, they allowed travel without ANY restrictions. Approximately 20,000 Chinese people a day were flying out of China all over the world. This obviously caused the spread to get exponentially worse than it could have been had China admitted to the problem and not allowed travel.
Back to top

amother




Pearl
 

Post  Sun, Apr 12 2020, 12:10 am
This should be obvious, but there was no reason for the US to rely on official reports coming out of China. That's why we have our own intelligence service! We were supposed to be gathering facts and data on the risk to the US and acting on it way before the disaster hit our shores. Also, travel from China wasn't exactly banned. People from the US and other countries were still allowed to travel freely to and from China as the epidemic was raging.
Back to top

amother




Navy
 

Post  Sun, Apr 12 2020, 12:20 am
lilies wrote:
Is nobody reading John Loftus in the Ami?


No. Fill us in?
Back to top

malki2




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Apr 12 2020, 12:31 am
lilies wrote:
Is nobody reading John Loftus in the Ami?


WADR, John Loftus lost credibility with me when for over a year he appeared almost nightly on the John Batchelor show post 9-11, constantly making claims about the “WMDs” in Iraq which never turned up.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
How do people afford bungalows?
by amother
50 Thu, May 28 2020, 4:39 pm View last post
CDC lying about flu deaths to get more people to vaccinate?
by amother
21 Wed, May 27 2020, 10:33 am View last post
Can someone clue me in? WHAT CHANGED???
by amother
112 Wed, May 27 2020, 1:49 am View last post
Gift for someone with 12 kids :) 22 Tue, May 26 2020, 11:53 pm View last post
Attention people from Florida: Please Advise🤔
by Gold3
1 Mon, May 25 2020, 9:28 am View last post

Jump to: