Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Chummus and kishke

Frumom

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 12:50 pm
No, I dont want to make kishke out of chummus or vice versa, I have 2 different questions. Very Happy

1) Has anyone ever made the chummus recipe found in the Spice & Spirit cookbook? If yes, how'd it come out, and if not, how'd you make it?

2) Whats the best way to make vegi kishke?

nicole81

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 1:14 pm
I made the kishke recipe in S&S and it was good. the one with flour, not the cracker one.

Frumom

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 1:23 pm
Thanks Nicole, now I'll go try it!

elisecohen

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 1:47 pm
I've also had good luck with that kishke recipe. I make it in the cholent and like it. Haven't tried the chummus recipe though, sorry.

Rochel Leah

Post Fri, Sep 09 2005, 5:02 pm
I'll second Nicole on the kishke recipe from the Spice and Spirit. I have tried it the flour one and it has come out really good.

supermom

Post Sat, Sep 10 2005, 2:43 pm
the flour and the veg. in the spice and spirit one is amazing the chummus though never comes out for me no matter how much I add to it it is always dry and never a big hit in my family.

Frumom

Post Sat, Sep 10 2005, 10:34 pm
Well, I didnt end up making the kishke, but from what everyone is saying, sounds good and I'll make it next week.
I did try the chumus though and I DONT suggest anyone using that recipe, it was so lemony, we couldnt eat it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics