Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Ga-de cosmetics. Im disappointed!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 1:16 pm
I fell for the insta hype! I thought it would be superbly long lasting as promised, and I splurged for Pesach. Their eyeliner which bloggers swore were like tattoos and would last for 3 days barely lasted through the first 24 hours. Their lipstick didn't last more than 3 hours. Revlon and Maybelline for a fraction of the price make me so much happier!
Im upset! End Rant.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 1:39 pm
Revlon lasts 3 days!! I learnt already that more expensive doesn't mean long lasting.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 2:15 pm
Didn't like it either. The quality was same as many cheaper drugstore brands.

I find that a good primer plus Estee lauder double wear foundation lasts the longest. Especially when finished off with urban decays all nighter setting spray. As for eye liner, I tried many and this cheaper one lasts longest. 2+ days for sure. The loreal Infallible pro last Waterproof pencil.
My makeup was still visible on the third day yom tov.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 2:16 pm
My fendi long wear eyeliner stays on perfectly without a smudge. On motzei shabbos I still had my wings on. TMI

israelmama

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 2:17 pm
I only like their mascara- I’ve been using it before all the hype!

gande

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 2:18 pm
It looked nice for a bit but didnt last at all! Mostly upset about the eyeliner I cant figure out how to push it up and I usually buy it in the dollar store so its a big deal.

etky

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 2:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I fell for the insta hype! I thought it would be superbly long lasting as promised, and I splurged for Pesach. Their eyeliner which bloggers swore were like tattoos and would last for 3 days barely lasted through the first 24 hours. Their lipstick didn't last more than 3 hours. Revlon and Maybelline for a fraction of the price make me so much happier!
Im upset! End Rant.

I don't know what hype you're referring to but I could have told you that about the lipstick.
I've been wearing if for years cause I like it and I found a color that is perfect for me but it in no way compares in longevity to Revlon or CoverGirl's longlasting lip colors.
Not in the same league at all.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 2:21 pm
They are always pushing it at super-pharm. I have never been super impressed. The foundation smells.

mom of cuties

Post Sun, Apr 12 2020, 2:30 pm
I actually love the eyeliner. For me it stays at Least 2 days. I need my gade eyeliner and revlon lipstick gets me through shbbs and chag feeling and looking pretty.
I think it depends on skin type for some it last and others not

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 4:52 am
Tip of how to make any lipstick stay longer (this is from a make-up artist)
Apply lipstick
take a tissue and divide it into half, that means separating the 2-ply tissue
bite into the tissue, lips should touch the tissue well
with loose powder, cover you lip area and gently brush it off
apply a second layer of lipstick
finished
this trick makes the color more intense and it stays much longer.

sara_s

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 7:25 am
It's always been a cheaper brand in Israel. Usually slightly cheaper than Revlon. I guess they had a good advertising campaign this year.

Duggie

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:53 am
I really need to get to the bottom of this before I fork out a bunch of money to buy the eyeliner. Is it really long lasting??? Gotta know.

shalom822

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 1:04 am
I think the eye liner actually lasts me along time. Definitely let’s me the whole shabbos along with the eye shadow.

mochamix18

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 1:13 am
sara_s wrote:
It's always been a cheaper brand in Israel. Usually slightly cheaper than Revlon. I guess they had a good advertising campaign this year.

But not as cheap as Careline and that was being pushed for a while for being long lasting etc.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 4:25 am
NYX is the longest wearing liner I've ever worn.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 8:34 am
AMC EYELINER GEL 77
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....98546

I use this gel eyeliner for shabbos. Lasts perfectly on my eyes forever, and my skin usually gets rid of makeup fast. It also lasts forever in that I bought it over a year ago and still have plenty left still.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 10:59 am
I was thinking of ordering gade products but the prices are insane and after reading here I’m glad I didn’t order. can anyone help me with long lasting decent priced products.
Primer
Lipstick
Long lasting spray
Blush

scruffy

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:02 am
Blush- Milani rose powder blush, lots of pretty colors

Spray- haven't found any as good as Urban decay all nighter but it's soooo expensive

Primer- elf poreless putty primer

Lipstick- I'm still searching Smile

mommyhood

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:11 am
I tried the eyeliner for Pesach and it did not go on nicely, it got everywhere and took forever to clean up. It actually did last really well much better than whatever else I've tried but wasn't worth the mess for me.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 11 2021, 11:13 am
scruffy wrote:
Blush- Milani rose powder blush, lots of pretty colors

Spray- haven't found any as good as Urban decay all nighter but it's soooo expensive

Primer- elf poreless putty primer

Lipstick- I'm still searching Smile

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/s.....tain/
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics