Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Breakfast options for picky eaters on Pesach (non-gebrokts)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:30 am
Please help me think of things dh can eat for breakfast. He has IBS, and matzah is hard for him to digest. He also can't do dairy. I made scrambled eggs and fried potatoes, but he said it's too heavy for him and he has trouble digesting it. I offered him hard-boiled eggs and Israeli salad, but he doesn't want to eat that because he feels it's lunch food, not breakfast food. He liked the almond cookies I made but said he needs something different for breakfast. He's currently eating lots of fruit but that isn't really good for him either, his stomach can't tolerate too much fruit. He's driving me crazy because he's roaming the kitchen looking for options but there's nothing he wants, and here I am working from home on my laptop and watching the kids while he's dreaming of some deluxe breakfast and continually coming to ask me questions. I feel like he should be a little more flexible about foods, he's really annoying me!! Help please! There must be SOMETHING he can eat, right? All suggestions appreciated.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:32 am
He's an adult, he can find food for himself. His pickiness is not your problem, he's not your child.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:33 am
Plain omelette and a baked sweet potato. If you eat quinoa, it's a pretty good breakfast food too.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:34 am
He tends to make kashrus mistakes in the kitchen so I don't want him left to his own devices. I also like to make breakfast for my husband, it's a nice thing to do.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:35 am
Sweet potato might work. Thanks! We don't do quinoa unfortunately.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:05 am
Almond flour banana muffins. Guacamole with well seasoned potato starch crackers. Have him mix up the batters himself.

heidi

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:07 am
Busy in Brooklyn has a yummy non gluten granola. Really easy and delicious

eli7

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:08 am
crustless quiche with lots of veggies?

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please help me think of things dh can eat for breakfast. He has IBS, and matzah is hard for him to digest. He also can't do dairy. I made scrambled eggs and fried potatoes, but he said it's too heavy for him and he has trouble digesting it. I offered him hard-boiled eggs and Israeli salad, but he doesn't want to eat that because he feels it's lunch food, not breakfast food. He liked the almond cookies I made but said he needs something different for breakfast. He's currently eating lots of fruit but that isn't really good for him either, his stomach can't tolerate too much fruit. He's driving me crazy because he's roaming the kitchen looking for options but there's nothing he wants, and here I am working from home on my laptop and watching the kids while he's dreaming of some deluxe breakfast and continually coming to ask me questions. I feel like he should be a little more flexible about foods, he's really annoying me!! Help please! There must be SOMETHING he can eat, right? All suggestions appreciated.

Crepes with guacamole. Can add some salmon if he will go for that

aliavi

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:52 am
Try shehakol matza. He may just be grouchy from being constipated. You’ve offered many options and he’s declined. It’s now up to him to find something that either he makes or asks you to make that he will be happy with.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 11:04 am
Smoothies with almond milk and berries

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:42 pm
He might need to have some gebrokts things just for him.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:44 pm
I have IBS too and cant have matza or dairy.
I make fruit smoothies every am and have it with a handful of nuts or a hardboiled egg.
If you don't have a blender, you can make a cut up fruit platter and hardboiled egg.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 2:06 pm
If someone has trouble digesting regular matza, they might get a heter to eat egg matzas. But they should ask, not decide for themselves.

sunflower_seed

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 2:17 pm
Today I fryed a lot of sweet potatoes and cookes quinoa but if you don't eat quinoa or gebrokts then maybe fried veggies (courgettes, sweet poatoes, with an egg on the side).

Also I do almond cake (400 gr ground almonds, 8 eggs, 400 gr sugar ( I do half actually) and zest of a lemon or limette (on Pessach I peel the skin and then take off the white bit which is left). Anyway what I'm trying to say you can do such a cake with even less sugar and then, maybe your husband can have it with yoghurt?

Or breakfast crepes, non gebrokts?
You can combine with anything sweet or savory?

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 2:21 pm
What does he usually eat for breakfast
There are banana pancakes recipes that’s only 1 banana and 2 eggs
Quinoa can be cooked like oatmeal

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 2:29 pm
An egg white omelette with veggies

Blintzes with veggies

penguin

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 3:35 pm
Try the Pesach crackers with either potato starch or almonds.

tichellady

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 3:37 pm
Pancakes made with almond flour
Banana with almond butter

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:59 pm
What does he normally eat for breakfast when it's not Pesach? Can he just have a version of whatever he normally eats?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics