Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
My marror had no taste or sharpness!
Previous  1  2

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 7:21 pm
our marror was insane! Strongest I've ever had. The second night I purposely put it in a bowl early and left it out so it would lose some of its sharpness and we could actually eat it

groisamomma

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 7:22 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
We always put it right into the containers, and it’s never been bland before. It had no taste at all. Like not even a memory of once having had a good kick. All other years, it’s been super strong.

Same
I didn't get tears while grating it like I usually do so I knew something was off. It was tasteless.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 7:45 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
You all probably have corona. Very Happy

Hysterical! Hey, maybe you and your kids and your parents have a potentially fatal disease as well. So funny.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:00 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Hysterical! Hey, maybe you and your kids and your parents have a potentially fatal disease as well. So funny.

Actually we do. Not sure why you’re so offended.

We’ve been through quite a bit, and laughing about not being able to smell dirty diapers or taste marror has helped us quite a bit. Sorry that is hard for you to hear.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:27 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Holy cow. how about you calm the whatever down? As has been discussed previously, everyone has their own way of dealing in times of stress. If someone's way of dealing happens to be humor, gesuntdheit. If you don't like it, just scroll on past.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:45 pm
I got my horseradish from Chabad, so I know it wasn't a parsnip.

It was seriously weaksauce! I've had radishes that were 100x sharper than this. I was really disappointed, because I love fresh horseradish (even when it makes my eyes tear up.)

Some years are just better than others. It depends on where it was grown, the soil conditions, the amount of rainfall, how how the summers were, all kinds of stuff.

If you save the top of your horseradish root, you can plant it, and with a little luck in a year or two it will become ,a stablished. After that, you can harvest your own, as long as you remember to re-plant the tops of the roots you pull.

simkele

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:58 pm
Mine was bland too! DH loves it really sharp and was so disappointed!

mrs me

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:09 pm
avrahamama wrote:
I am loling at the possibility that it was a parsnip

Hello my husband came home from grocery store with a bunch of horseradish... we peeled 2 and realized it smelled like parsnip- we tasted it and it was parsnip!! But not all of them were parsnip - some were horseradish ... meaning the grocery store mixed them all in same bin ... we were glad we caught it before grinding it!

mrs me

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:12 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
Op here.
I did have corona but my tastebuds r back. And it was not parsnip. Lolllll!!!! These guys were giant and covered in brown dirt and hair and idk what

The parsnips we got were giant and covered in brown hair - really looked like horseradish!!!

bsy

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 11:13 pm
It needs to be stored in glass, not plastic.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 11:58 pm
I’ve been grating my own horseradish for maror for years. Some years I have to go outside to grate it and I can hardly breathe, some years it’s not that sharp. This year it was awful. Bland, tasteless, dry. It looked the same as other years, maybe the roots were a little smaller than usual, but it was definitely a bad year for maror.

Elemenopee

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:22 am
When grating your horseradish, use the Kugel blade instead of the S blade. We tried it this year for the first time and we had the entire family coughing in tears!

dankbar

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:32 am
"s" blade kills the sharpness. You need kugel blade for it to be sharp. Ball jarred is best. Erev is best. Ours was bland & tasteless too. Never ever had such a thing. Not even a hint.
It was sweet not bitter , no it wasnt parsnip. My husband said looks like we're done with the marror & sweet times are coming. Moshiach is on its way!

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:01 pm
[quote="amother [ Sapphire ]"]Holy cow. how about you calm the whatever down? As has been discussed previously, everyone has their own way of dealing in times of stress. If someone's way of dealing happens to be humor, gesuntdheit. If you don't like it, just scroll on past.[/q

No. I will not calm down while people are making jokes about other people becoming extremely ill, and possibly dying

You want to joke about yourself dying and leaving your kids behind, go ahead. I'll even grant you jokes about how funny it would be if all your parents die. I bet you'd find that hysterical.

But do not make jokes about other people being sick and dying. Its not funny.

Entering week 4 of this disease. Since you find the nights I can't breathe so funny, maybe I should wish them on you and your loved ones.

tp3

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:08 pm
Every year my maror loses its sharpness from the food processor. Hand grating keeps the flavor. I don't know why.
We were crying while the food processor was going but by the time the seder came it was tasteless.
I don't mind, we cried enough the past few weeks.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:44 pm
SixOfWands, I just wanted to chime and wish you and your family safety and health! Being high risk and going through this situation is worse than awful. Hashem should send you yeshuos quickly! Along with all of Klal Yisroel.

maze

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 3:25 pm
Our marror wasn't sharp either. It was thin and small.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 4:06 pm
Got maror from brother it was very very strong. I wonder if it has to do with where you are located.
This is in Brooklyn

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 6:50 pm
We got maror from the BMG box and froze it and was super sharp.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics