Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Will women bake Shlissel challah in time for Shabbos this yr
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:17 pm
Will the women who bake Shlissel challah every year (especially those who dont have a separate kitchen for Pesach and Chometz), do it this year as well, even if Pesach ends on Thursday night, and turning over with lots of dishes, pots and pans, takes a long time?

chocolatine

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:20 pm
Yes I really hope to be able to iyh.
My plan this year is to put away and clean whatever I wont need anymore tomorrow erev yomtov..

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:22 pm
Awww I didn't think of it.
I guess if my husband can get flour early enough.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:22 pm
Due to the current situation, this is the first time ever that we kept real chometz in our house over pesach (obviously sold). Since we weren’t getting rid of everything I actually bought a bag of flour and some yeast before pesach so I’ll hopefully be able to bake afterwards. Yes, I’ll be tired and things will be all over but Friday is a very long day. I hope I’ll get to it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:23 pm
yes unless I give birth before then Wink

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:25 pm
Yes - I also have the flour and yeast in the house as per our rav this year.

I bh have a lot of big boys at home - will definitely need to make 10 lbs!

happy chick

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:28 pm
Im really not a challah baker, but I was thinking to this week only because I have zero interest in waiting in line at the supermarket.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:29 pm
Yes. Will probably make it on Friday though

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:36 pm
My issue is not the switching over , but whether there will be normal grocery shopping since everyone and their brother will be shopping for chometz on Friday and the stores are limiting the amount of shoppers. I guess we will have to wake up bright and early.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:40 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
My issue is not the switching over , but whether there will be normal grocery shopping since everyone and their brother will be shopping for chometz on Friday and the stores are limiting the amount of shoppers. I guess we will have to wake up bright and early.

Did you see the monsey box? You can pick up by ysv on Friday. Either just flour crackers etc. or also challah. And bonks I think.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 8:56 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Did you see the monsey box? You can pick up by ysv on Friday. Either just flour crackers etc. or also challah. And bonks I think.

I ordered the Lakewood chometz box which is the same idea. I was planning to bake shlissel challah. I even sold a bag of flour and yeast with the chometz, but when I saw this advertised I decided it makes much more sense. Why overwork myself and get more stressed out when I dont have to?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:04 pm
In the past, when I didn't have enough flour in the house, and didn't have time to go buy some and make challah, I bought bakery challah. I cut a tiny slit in the bottom, and slid the key inside.

I know, it's cheating, but it's the thought that counts!

cozyblanket

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:05 pm
Not I. We are eating matzah. Why stress?

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:08 pm
I hope so. I put away flour and dry yeast with the chametz I sold. I think this year baking my own will actually be easier than stressing out over crazy lines at the grocery.

vepowi

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:18 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
yes unless I give birth before then Wink

בשעה טובה ומוצלחת

Raisin

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:19 pm
In our house I bribe my kids with homemade pizza if all the pesach dishes get put away.

If I can find bread flour and yeast on friday I will make challa. Couldn't find any before pesach and used last of it. Sad

If I can't find any not sure what I will do...have some challah in freezer.

vepowi

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 9:25 pm
I don't sell real chometz, but I sell flour, which is technically not chametz. Putting up challah doesn't take me long personally (I pour yeast, sugar, and warm water into small bowl, dump 5lb bag flour, eggs, oil, and salt in huge bowl, pour yeast water in, and knead by hand with gloves). Takes about 15 minutes to put up dough and almost zero cleanup.

simkele

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:00 pm
We sold flour this year also so I'll bake Friday morning

tweety1

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 10:26 pm
I froze dry yeast and flour. I really hope to iyh

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Apr 13 2020, 11:11 pm
vepowi wrote:
בשעה טובה ומוצלחת

Amen! Thank you!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen