Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
First timers do you think you'll make pesach again nex year?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:09 pm
Just curious.... Now that you made pesach once do you think your more likely to make it again next year? Was pesach harder or easier to make then you thought it would be?

mom24.7

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:10 pm
Keep in mind that next year hopefully you will have cleaning help

giselle

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:13 pm
It was great, but there’s nothing like a Seder with lots of family.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:14 pm
Hmm good question! We are newlyweds and IYH will have a v young baby next Pesach time... so probably not Wink Wink
Side point: I CAN'T BELIEVE WE DID IT!! Can I get 3 cheers for pregnant nauseous me and my awesomely helpful husband Very Happy

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:14 pm
mom24.7 wrote:
Keep in mind that next year hopefully you will have cleaning help

You do realize that not everyone who makes pesach has cleaning help, right? And yes dh and I both work full time. It just bugs me how everyone seems to think its a given. Its not.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:16 pm
We don't get to see my parents and in-laws much during the year. They live in a different country and pesach and sukkos have become a "family time" yom tov, when we travel there. I admit that Pesach was easier to make than I expected, but we all missed our family time and hope to spend yom tov with them next year.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:17 pm
watergirl wrote:
You do realize that not everyone who makes pesach has cleaning help, right? And yes dh and I both work full time. It just bugs me how everyone seems to think its a given. Its not.

This. Someone told me it’s so hard to make pesach without cleaning help.

Welcome to my world three quarters of the pesachs I have made we’re without help

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:20 pm
If it’s anything like this year, no!

Rappel

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:20 pm
watergirl wrote:

Lol. But watergirl, who carries your handbag for you when need to go out to do your nails??? I would simply diiiiiiiieeeeeee.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:21 pm
My married kids sure won't!

mig100

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:22 pm
Hi
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Hmm good question! We are newlyweds and IYH will have a v young baby next Pesach time... so probably not Wink Wink
Side point: I CAN'T BELIEVE WE DID IT!! Can I get 3 cheers for pregnant nauseous me and my awesomely helpful husband Very Happy

10 cheers for you!!!! Very Happy
I think this is hardest for newlyweds!!!
Ya y!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

SuperWify

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:23 pm
No, no, never never uh uh uh... Shame on you

Last edited by SuperWify on Fri, Apr 17 2020, 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total

mdogzz

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:24 pm
I have been married under 2 months and I don't think I'll be making pesach for a while. It wasn't awful and we didnt starve but it wasnt really so enjoyable, we both missed our families and the loud ruckus of a crowded house. It was just really sad because we where looking forward to going "home" especially since we haven't seen our families since our wedding.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:26 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
We don't get to see my parents and in-laws much during the year. They live in a different country and pesach and sukkos have become a "family time" yom tov, when we travel there. I admit that Pesach was easier to make than I expected, but we all missed our family time and hope to spend yom tov with them next year.

Same here. I loved being home, wanted to already last year but Pesach is DH's main chance at extended family time. Although he admitted pesach was nice he really misses his family, and Sukkos doesn't always work for us to go. We'll fly to them for Shvoas if it's allowed, otherwise it probably won't be before next Pesach.
I really didn't miss the packing up and the traveling and all that tho. Pesach at home was simple, cozy and beautiful.

itsmeima

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:48 pm
I’d love to have my parents or in-laws over next year. I loved being home and it’s a lot cheaper than traveling.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:58 pm
YES!!! It was the best yomtov of our lives baruch Hashem!!! Even with no cleaning help, kids underfoot for the month prior, not having lots of the stores that we would normally need for first time pesach makers, and dealing with a miscarriage over pesach- it was still our best yomtov ever!!! I dont know if we would have ever done it if we weren't "forced" to so I am SO HAPPY we were!!!! Of course we missed family but we actually hate going to hotels for pesach which our family does so this was beyond words amazing. Our kids actually got to see what a pesach kitchen looks like and what it means to lock your chometz away and to make charoses first hand. When I lit candles the first night we all cheered! WE MADE IT!!!!! Thank You Hashem. Everyone should be well.

mig100

Post Thu, Apr 16 2020, 11:59 pm
mdogzz wrote:
I have been married under 2 months and I don't think I'll be making pesach for a while. It wasn't awful and we didnt starve but it wasnt really so enjoyable, we both missed our families and the loud ruckus of a crowded house. It was just really sad because we where looking forward to going "home" especially since we haven't seen our families since our wedding.

Wow!!!! I'm in awe of you!!!!!!
That's very hard
Where's the round of applause emoji. You deserve it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:08 am
We loved loved loved it with everything involved. I would love to do it again next year and maybe we will. DH missed the family tho. So maybe we’ll do one Seder at home and then walk to family for second Seder.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:18 am
I did it last year, did it this year and will do it next year. Dh family goes away and my parents live nearby so we can walk for meals but we still clean, kasher etc. I miss everyone and everything. I had a baby recently and still have live in help and I keep thinking "wow- this is how she feels with her family 3,000 miles away"

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:22 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
We loved loved loved it with everything involved. I would love to do it again next year and maybe we will. DH missed the family tho. So maybe we’ll do one Seder at home and then walk to family for second Seder.

I wish we can do that! I loved the sedarim with just us but I wouldn't trade Pesach spent with my oot family and in laws for the world.

To answer OP. Nope. I'm getting right on that plane next year!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics