Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Not turning back til after shabbos
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:54 am
Am I the only one?

Pesach food is yummy. Why is everyone doing this on erev shabbos? It was a no brainer for me.

elisheva25

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:56 am
Me!
Too much work
Need to pace myself
Will turn back Sunday

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:57 am
I cooked everything for shabbos on chol hamoed. My kitchen is back to normal bh.

groovy1224

Because I want to make shlissel challah

amother
Taupe

I understand you. My MIL never turns over until the Pesach food is all eaten.
I turned over because I want to make a shlissel challah for shabbos. Most of our food will be pesachdig aside from the challah.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:59 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Fri, Apr 17 2020, 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
White

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:00 am
Y’all know that you are allowed to eat pesach food on your Chometz dishes together with challah.

amother
Linen

amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I cooked everything for shabbos on chol hamoed. My kitchen is back to normal bh.

Please don't throw tomatoes (or potatoes lol) but preparing on chol hamoed for after the chag is forbidden.

amother
Seafoam

fraimal wrote:
Please don't throw tomayoes

What??

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:02 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Please don't throw tomatoes (or potatoes lol) but preparing on chol hamoed for after the chag is forbidden.

I never heard of this. I know afew people that cooked extra for shabbos. I was anyways cooking for yom tov. It's definitely not forbidden, maybe your minhag is not to to this.

groovy1224

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:02 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Y’all know that you are allowed to eat pesach food on your Chometz dishes together with challah.

Obviously. Turning back over doesn't mean throwing out any pesach food in your fridge or freezer, it just means now you can prepare chometz in your kitchen. Of course you can continue eating food you prepared on pesach.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Am I the only one?

Pesach food is yummy. Why is everyone doing this on erev shabbos? It was a no brainer for me.

Ummm no. Just no.

(But to each their own. Do whatever makes you happy.)

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:05 am
We are 98% turned back, but I didn’t have anything in cabinets, and shabbos will be all pesach food.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:05 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I never heard of this. I know afew people that cooked extra for shabbos. I was anyways cooking for yom tov.

If you were cooking anyway for YT and just made larger portions, I don’t think it’s a problem.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:09 am
amother [ White ] wrote:

If I can get challah at the store, that’s what we will do. Otherwise, we will be eating matzah again for shabbos.

SingALong

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:11 am
I plan to use only Pesach food for Shabbos but we will have challah iyh and chometz cholent. I can’t have that on my Pesach counters that I put away for next year. I just put away my Pesach dishes and serving things, which are kept in a large closet off my kitchen all year. My chometz pots/utensils are still in boxes but I’ll put them away tomorrow iyh as needed. My big kids can help with that. All my Pesach ingredients and snacks are still in my pantry, I will use iyh. Plus cooked food like roast, potato kugel, dessert etc I’ll serve Shabbos.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:20 am
I turned back over. I plan on making a challah in the morning. Bh had very little leftovers, because I cooked fresh and just what we needed.bh I Don't move things around in my kitchen for pesach so it wasn't a big deal to change back over

dankbar

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:27 am
Bh we packed away most of our pesach stuff. chometz kitchen is ready to cook for chometz. I have chicken soup, compote, chopped liver in freezer. Some salads leftover like chrein, beet salad, mock cole slaw, cucumber salad. Spaghetti squash kugel. Some chicken fingers, baked sweet potato that we can still eat. Rest I need to go to grocery to buy chometz ingredients & cook. We don't sell chometz gomer.
Nobody is interested in pesach food after pesach by us.
Egg crepe noodle kugel won't do when you can have reg noodle kugel etc.

doodlesmom

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 1:32 am
You can enjoy pesach food along with your chametz food. Just put away the pesach accessories and transfer the food to disposables if they’re not in yet. I personally am very much looking forward to eating chometz shabbos!
I’ve eaten chometz already!

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 2:01 am
It's so much easier to put things away quickly, otherwise we'll procrastinate and it will become a whole drawn out process. We packed away the Pesach stuff (mostly) and Shabbos will be a mixture of Yom Tov leftovers and fresh food. I don't want any confusion over my Pesach supplies and my kids will be wanting their chometz cereal in the morning.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics