Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
S/O First Timers/ those that always host

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 9:39 am
Yes I missed my kids and grandkids, but I can’t deny that Pesach was SUPER easy since I didn’t have to host.
I really enjoyed the Seder
I got to sleep (a little too much)
My floors, although not clean, are somewhat decent, also bathrooms and bedrooms.
I don’t have TONS of towels to wash.
Every year I’m a shmattah by the time the last family leave.
Also, since I didn’t take out tons of stuff turning back was also easy.

amother
White

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 9:55 am
I hear you. Good for you for enjoying a silver lining.

LittleMissMama

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 10:58 am
Ditto! Every year I am forced to host my husband's side of the family and I hate it. (yes he knows this).

Didn't miss them a bit. I enjoyed my own kids more, I relaxed more, I had much less work to do etc

SuperWify

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 11:35 am
Well I’m happy to say my parents and in-laws called after YT to make sure we’d come back next year. I was glad to assure them.

zaftigmom

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:17 pm
I actually found it easier to make pesach than to spend a week straight trying to keep my kids from destroying their bubbies' houses. We missed the family time but physically it was definitely easier.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 12:38 pm
I had the nicest pesach I ever had.

I am on shlichus and lots of my kids are away at school/yeshiva/seminary. Those all closed so they have been home for a while. We usually have tons of guests every meal and a huge seder, but not this year. (although we were busy sending ppl matza and seder supplies)

My kids have been really great and it is so nice to watch them spending real time with each other and us. A seder for just our family. Normally my youngest is too shy to say mah nishtana in front of so many people, but this year he said it enthusiastically.

Of course, there was cooking but less pressure since just our family. We ate really well but not multi course meals.

Its been less stressful then I thought not having cleaning help.

The best was not having to think up a chol hamoed trip that all my kids would like!

We stayed home and played some fun games.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 6:45 pm
ITA with OP but don’t tell my kids! Just us two geezers, no noise, no crying, no dirty diaper stench, no splatters all over the floor, no feeling like a servant tied to the kitchen all day. The guilt! I really enjoyed having no company. It was Mildly boring but that was ok.

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Apr 18 2020, 9:34 pm
I loved Pesach this year. Don’t tell my kids that I said that though! No depression whilst I slave away and they go on fun trips each chol hamoed day. No one leaving my spotless kitchen a rotten mess. No feeling like a failure because not being able to please all the people all the time. No using 2 weeks worth of vacation days just so I can feel invaded by complaining adult kids. Oh I love them dearly but it just doesn’t turn out to be fun for this mama with all of us under one roof for over a week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics