Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Scared of gas lead or carbon monoxide

rachel0615

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 5:55 pm
My husband was smelling something weird in the house. Almost like smoking. Now there is no weird smell but I am so nervous there is a leak of some sort because I feel a headache. We are very much the anxious types! We have a carbon monoxide alarm. Anyone have advice so er can go into shabbos with sanity?

Simple1

Post Fri, Apr 17 2020, 5:56 pm
Call the gas company to check it out.

blessedflower

Post Sat, Apr 18 2020, 1:16 pm
CO doesn't have a smell. Warning signs is if everyone is feeling headache or burning eyes or nauseous. First open all the windows

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Apr 18 2020, 10:11 pm
OP, I understand how you feel. I have a very sensitive sense of smell, and I'm prone to migraines.

My neighbors have been having a lot of barbecues lately. Sometimes they use way too much starter fluid. Sometimes they burn wood that is not completely dry, and it smolders a lot. Sometimes it smells like they are also burning nosh wrappers or plastic.

I can't open my windows when they do that, because then the whole inside of my place smells like it's on fire. I keep checking the burners on my stove to make sure that they are off. It's making me a nervous wreck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics